Falling pics 11/25/09

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Decent poplar and sugar maple
a4ugazeq.jpg
uteqabyg.jpg

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

that's good, I can get 600 for poplar but they let a lot go lately. about any white oak over 13" starts at 500 with knots.
red is looking up recently too and that's a good thing, i'll take a raise any time I can get it lol. once in a while we get a call for sweet gum, got to have small hart.
We have a real good market for rustic white oak........rough knotty sweep they don't care no sweet gum here we cut pretty much 5 days a week in the woods with a day here or there doing residential removals like this
y4e3u2an.jpg

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I can see you hate that new saw. :p

Quite a while ago, I started double-bucking my limbs. About 1'-2' out & again at the collar. A quick one-two motion.

You might say that's too many cuts -- but a guy double cuts limbs or tripple cuts them more often then not, without thinking about it.

Best part about my system (& why I started doing it), is not getting pinched. Also, the majority of the limb falls away from the tree -- no bending down to throw it away. It's not 100% -- but werks pretty dern good.

Murry Chrispman Clint! :)

Ha! Merry Christmas ~N8! LOL! Yeh, I do the double buck on belly limbs, call me weird but I try not to double buck in frozen timber...the limbs don't shatter so bad close to the log. I get pinched some though...you can tell by all my videos, tips don't keep paint too long around me! LOL! Hey that 372 needs some dawgs do you have any?

Ha! Merry Christmas ~N8! LOL! Yeh, I do the double buck on belly limbs, call me weird but I try not to double buck in frozen timber...the limbs don't shatter so bad close to the log. I get pinched some though...you can tell by all my videos, tips don't keep paint too long around me! LOL! Hey that 372 needs some dawgs do you have any?

Won't have any until after the first of the year.

I'm gettin' me a bushelling kit gathered up! LOL! IDK, boss got the saw when he bought a skidder and a loader the other day and he doesn't like Husky's really....except for my 288 XP...he fricken LOVES that saw! Yeh, I'm getting a good line up...288 XP, 372 XP, and the 575 XP....now I just need a phone call. In the mean time I will keep hustleing until someone realizes I can make them a bunch of money and whisks me away! LMAO!

Sort of like our line up - 2054 turbo, 670 super, 272xp, 372xp (x2) and a 385xp. 2054 gets used for brushing the truck road and cleaning up slash along the skid trail. My son did use it for felling some smaller (16") pine and was impressed how it cut.

My favorite is the 670 Jred, my son loves the 372 for felling and my grandson likes the sound of the 385 but will grab whatever is sharp and full of fuel.

Some pics from the current job. Some nice size red and white oak. Old timber though. Buttin off 4-6 ft every other tree. The height is makin up for it though.

One of the nicer bur oaks I've cut in a long time. 4 10s in it.
Buroak.jpg

The average size of timber in here. Its an old stand. Shoulda been cut 15-20 years ago.

Redoak.jpg

I'll bet this bunk was pushing 1500 bf.
Fulloakbunk.jpg

Pulled a real nice butt log out of Icepick's strip so I hopped out and snapped a pic of the stump. Pretty clean. Probably 30 inches across the hinge or so.
Oakstump.jpg

A good sized coon lookin to re-locate. He wasn't too thrilled when I dumped his house.
Coonoak.jpg

Great stuff as always Bitz, good on'ya for including IP's pristine stump.
I don't know where the loggers are, not seeing much from Sam (either one), 056, Hammer, old timer, NM and the rest of the production guys recently. Gonna have to pick a new profession to idolize and a new place to live vicariously through pretty soon. I'm thinking maybe Alaskan crab fishing, I don't know anything about it, but that never stopped me here!

relax husk, most everyone is off for the holidaze... I've been in some ho hum hemlock and alder the last few weeks, when I'm not road building. Got some good sized doug fir and ceder coming up in the next few weeks, then I can justify embarrassing myself with video.

I did take out a bear trap snag Friday, with the bear trap 50' up it... that one damned near got me... The snag busted into 3-4 pieces on the way down and the widow maker landed where I was standing... Took me 5 minutes to find my trusty old wedge pounder, on account of my panicked running and screaming, turns out I threw it like 30' away.:eek:

Back