Falling pics 11/25/09

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's almost certainly cubic meters. We're alone in the world, mostly, thinking board-feet.

In Britain we still use the hoppus foot for hardwood. And cubic metres for softwood. In line with our confusing policy of using both imperial and metric measurements for different things.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoppus

Yes sir. Soft maple swamp. I'm surprised how tall and clean this wood is every day. Lots of bar length wood. Great production. I've had my best week ever in this woods. 35mbf plus 30 cords in a week. Thats 10 truckloads here.

How about you?
yep, in this poplar branch........prolly half done it, then a stand of mixed pine, oak and poplar. not as large though, in the branch almost all of them are over 30 and some over 40. sandy ground so i'm thankful for that, its pretty wet here.

Yes sir. Soft maple swamp. I'm surprised how tall and clean this wood is every day. Lots of bar length wood. Great production. I've had my best week ever in this woods. 35mbf plus 30 cords in a week. Thats 10 truckloads here.

How about you?

Thats a good week Bitz. You still forwarding your own wood too I suppose.

Up here its around 60/per ton(150/cord mixed hardwood). I haven't sent anything to the pulp mill for a long time though. I've got a strong firewood customer base. I sell it all in 8 footers, 10 cord min starting at 105/cord and it goes up from there depending on hauling. I can actually make more on the firewood than the logs if the trucking is short. Even so I only do what I have to with it. Its just too time consuming.

Siswheel pics as asked fer... I actually took these on sat morning, but then got stupor busy...

Every one of these was leaning over that house and shed... anyway heres the layout. That tall stump in the middle is on account of not having room to squeeze my saw in there.
DSCF5467.JPG

Little bit of steerage.
DSCF5468.JPG

This one here is every trick in the book, soft dutch, and a tramp sis, that tramp sis goes down about a foot farther then the main sis, just the moss here is kinda thick and grows back fast...
DSCF5469.JPG

Front veiw of the tall stump
DSCF5470.JPG

This one gives a pretty good Idea of the tramp, that board in the middle will flex and twist with the tree, staying connected as long as possible, which isn't long with cotton wood...
DSCF5471.JPG

Random top veiw, just about every one of these trees needed a sis or at the least a bit of dutch.
DSCF5472.JPG View attachment 404296

But wait theres more.

Some stump pull. When it works good it works good..
DSCF5475.JPG

This one is one of the few that hung on all the way to the ground, with is unheard of in cotton wood... Hard to tell cause I cut off the stump pull to get the log out of the way... but if you squint and stand on one leg you'll see it.
DSCF5476.JPG

Some more good pulling, you can really see the second cut in there.
DSCF5477.JPG

Armegadutch
DSCF5478.JPG

Anyway, I thought long and hard about making a video of all this, but to be honest, this lot is a neighborhood embarrassment... One of the kids that used to live here has been wanting to get it cleaned up so he can move back in, taking these trees down got some of the neighbors off his back for a little while, still a **** hole but its getting better.

Latest posts

Back