Falling pics 11/25/09

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think I'd trust a rope or a small cable in the work I've been around I'd trust a d7 main line or a jack over any of that but I'm in larger stuff most of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1/2 samson true blue... 8000# rating

Otherwise yeah its 9/16 chokers and 3/4" mainline for anything that needs pulling... ropes get cut, cable not so much.

Its kinda hard to drag 100 pounds of cable 30' up a tree thats only 3" around... Hell it was tough just getting rope up without snapping branches off.

At least with cable if you hit it or a guy does it's not getting cut.

shoulda quoted the rope vs cable thing, both can get cut, and ya gotta be kinda dumb to cut cable not on purpose...

But that being said, both statements are still true.

I've cut several ropes with a saw, granted it was almost always while trying to cut em loose, not while they where supporting any kind of weight.

But can't say I've ever cut a cable with a chain saw... Axes, shackles, rocks, snatch blocks, cut off saws, disc grinders, hot cut chisel... Yes, chainsaw no and the axe took some effort and a fair bit of prep.

8038ad0ebd894090ef7b2e5ae1e1fd99.jpg
bf8bdd219927d0e3cbf4775b58ec57ea.jpg
4efe59089f669fdf0bd501820470166d.jpg

God the brush is going to be nasty this year.

Thank you, having to swing and slip a lot of stuff around to keep the small stuff from getting hung up in the big stuff keeping them in the good lays can be a pain plus lead good for a grapple cat.

Back