Falling pics 11/25/09

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, I have always enjoyed this thread. Am usually too busy to post anything of my own, let alone actually get any pics and stuff.
But... I had some time and my son's video camera the last couple days and took a few pics and videos.

Here's what I'm in now. Nice for where we are.

SAM_0398_1.jpg
View attachment 413542

View attachment 413543

Loading some up

View attachment 413544

I've got a few videos too if anyone is interested.
nice swing, post more often!

Nice looking sticks! Limbing looks like fun. Yeah I think it should be mandatory for everyone to post a video. Mike I'm lookin at you!

Well most of them are limbed on the landing. Here's a video of one that I did limb a little so I could get it out.

You can skip the boring parts cause you can't see the face

It looked like you set the hinge/holding wood the way you wanted by boring from the side after you had started what looked like a conventional back cut. Is that something you typically like to do? If that's not what was happening, then never mind. Saw sounds great

You run 288's for fun or do you have a stash and still use em full time?

LOL No, I just have one. Bought it used with a fresh rebuild.

It looked like you set the hinge/holding wood the way you wanted by boring from the side after you had started what looked like a conventional back cut. Is that something you typically like to do? If that's not what was happening, then never mind. Saw sounds great

Well, because it was leaning pretty good, I like to take a little off each side so I can get through it faster. That's why I started the away side first. Then, yes I bored it across just behind the hinge and cut the strap behind the bore. I don't do that all the time... just when I feel I need to

Hey guys, does the video quality on that one I posted suck, or is it ok? I just viewed it on a different computer of mine and it stinks.

It looked ok on my phone nice looking pine, is there many mills left in Montana anymore?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I recorded it in HD and re-rendered it in HD mp4. Then uploaded it to youtube, must be on their end but I am not familiar with how to change anything on their site.

It looked ok on my phone nice looking pine, is there many mills left in Montana anymore?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is actually a Doug Fir. Thats all we have to cut in this area.
Not many mills left, however there is a few new start ups. Random length stuff.

Go to Youtube, start an account, upload a vid... takes some time and they like to have you fill in the blanks. Then copy the link once its all done, start a post, insert link, and the puter does the rest.

Once you get the vid on your home puter, Youtube pretty much does the rest, very much like loading a pic just takes some time...

Latest posts

Back