Falling pics 11/25/09

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sam- Nice pics! Thats a long run man. Good to have a decent sit down now and then. See-gar and whiskey sounds good about now too. Hey whats that rope doing on that tree? Old clothes line? Ha.ha. Is the snow gone yet?

Lol, the clothes line was attached to a come - along to make the mother in law feel a little better about things....didn't trust my wedging abilities. The best part of it was the fact that the old rope had so much stretch in it that i doubt it put an ounce of pressure on that tree. Got to keep the MIL happy. I will say that those Tennessee Red Oak are heavy buggers compared to what I'm used to.

The grass is greening in the yard, but I can see snow about 500 feet up the hill across the road. There's still plenty of it up on the job....will be until about June - take care - Sam

I figured as much on the rope. I've gotten that from a lot of people when I've done city jobs. Stuff like "Hey aren't you gonna put a rope on it or aren't you gunna climb it and top it?" Nope.

I didn't realize you were that far this way. Heart of whiskey country. The oaks and hickories sure like to thump the ground.

Went back to my part-time falling job today. Moved to the south slope, mostly all pine. Faster going. Straight falling.

Here's a video cutting some pine by the skid road. Fell them parallel to the road then went back to the slope off to the right. Not a steep slope, maybe 25% or so.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AWdMtAgxwF0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

A few pictures...

216823_10150152821830887_513110886_7162239_7375174_n.jpg

216005_10150152775715887_513110886_7161993_1668632_n.jpg

205059_10150152776295887_513110886_7161994_51026_n.jpg

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kTnkZgb8poQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Biggest tree of the day. Too bad it was a double with lots of knots.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kTnkZgb8poQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Biggest tree of the day. Too bad it was a double with lots of knots.

nice job. noticed you have your humpday shirt on. weather must be nice.

Here are a couple from recently The cedar was just over 9 feet. The fir was 6. Wood like that isn't generally consistent or an every day occurance. There's lots of gout to mow down in between the nice ones!

Here are a couple from recently The cedar was just over 9 feet. The fir was 6. Wood like that isn't generally consistent or an every day occurance. There's lots of gout to mow down in between the nice ones!

:rock:

Nice action Jameson! Looks nice and green down there. Had a few flurries up this way a couple of days ago.

Awesome pics Gavin! Looks like fun.

It was kinda close...

Did couple of old birches on a local farm. One of the trees was a rope-and-pull-case.

IMG_3634.JPG

Well, I tensioned the rope before cutting, so the tree would go over as I cut it. I had told the people of the house to stay inside. They did. Just as I finished the back cut, the daughter of the house came from work and drove her car right to the falling sector. Obviously she noticed me, but she didn't understand what I was doing. She just waved back and parked her car. I ran to her and told her to come off the car and run. At that moment the tree went over.

IMG_3639.JPG

Fortunately the tree fell right to the direction I wanted to put it in the first place. It missed the car. But 10 seconds earlier the car would have been under the tree.

IMG_3637.JPG

Morals: Every time you get to the house, first thing to do is to ask how many daughters they have.

Even if you're not there to do tree work. :hmm3grin2orange:

Exactly! And if they don't like you asking, I'll urge to you as a gypsy urged to his fellow: Run zigzag, brother! Run zigzag, the landlord has a shotgun!

Just letting you guys know that I'm selling the saw that I used in the video the busheling daywager. It has a different air filter system on it, and I will take it off and put a hole shot or the stock air filter on it when it sells. You cannot find the velocity stacks anymore and I'm loath to part with it, therefore it is not part of the sale. The reason I'm selling this saw is because I'm going to 880's. I'm tired of having to seperate saw parts and whatnot. Here is a recent video of me cutting with it, and you can also watch it perform on the Busheling Daywager video on youtube. YouTube - Woods modified Stihl ms 660 vs. General modified 660 vs. Woods modifed Stihl ms 880 TAKE 1

Selling the saw in this video.

Just wanted you guys to know that I'm listing this saw on ebay next Monday....
Just thought this vid deserved to be on here. He smoked that tree over in short order.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2x7MXn5zuEw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2x7MXn5zuEw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Back