Falling pics 11/25/09

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hahahah, that's funny right there!

Sam, that's dang near line ground you boys are on!

The slope wasn't too bad, but scary as hell with loose rock everywhere and a house and vehicles below us. Like walking through a damn minefield. Those rocks absolutely screamed down the hill if you turned one loose.

It's getting a bit old...I drag the winter boots to work until about June 15th for back up. One of the worst snow storms I've ever been in was on June 6th a few years ago. It snowed about 3 feet on the job that day. I've never seen my tent wetter of flatter.

I agree. Its gettin old here too. I was in a summer snow out your way one time when I was younger. Glacier national park in August. About a foot of snow fell that day. We boogied before they closed some of the roads out of the park.

We had 80 some degrees a week before last Sunday and now this BS again. Hey at least you've got the panaoramic views though!

The slope wasn't too bad, but scary as hell with loose rock everywhere and a house and vehicles below us. Like walking through a damn minefield. Those rocks absolutely screamed down the hill if you turned one loose.

Was like that in parts of the Sierras, lots of rocks and signs of civilization. People build in the dammest places and have trees logged, either as an afterthought after building or a newer owner of an older place.

I played at logging one whole season taking out timber around cabins, campgrounds and such. If you discounted power/water/phone lines, Aunt Mable's favorite Cedar and structures, it was easy money.

Using the new DCS, Inc. wrap handle. I dig it! Thanks, Nate!

This is one of the last hazard trees I am cutting at this state park for my volunteer job. Should finish the rest of them this week.

More time for the part-time timber falling job I hope.

Edit: A few things I like about this handle. It didn't take me long to get used to the different geometry it has than what is found on a 3/4 wrap. At first, I thought a smaller diameter handle might be a negative, but it's not at all. I really like the "pickup bed" grip stuff.

One of my complaints with the USA handlebars is the cheap rubber hose that it used on it - doesn't take much of a beating if you have to make low stumps. I had mine all wrapped up in electrical tape. The DCS handlebars should take a beating pretty well.

I really like the corners of the handlebar on both the clutch and flywheel sides. Great for the humboldt and the conventional undercuts. On the backcuts the transition is nice when flipping the saw from the undercut to dogging in and sweeping.

Overall a great handlebar. I'd be interested in what others have to say about it, and how they think it compares to other handlebars of the same full wrap style.
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5u1k7IYVuFI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Slick handlebar Jameson, and Nate. I gotta pay Nate a visit one of these days.

Nate, if you're out there, I'll be back on Swan Lake one of these days this Spring.......You'll have to come visit camp for an evening - Sam

Last edited:
One more, nobody would take a pic of me...had to take one of my saw though. Axed the bark off this tree to try and get around some serious iron. Didn't avoid the vertical barb wire about four inches from the pith. Not sure how the #### that ends up like that in a tree, but chain does not agree with it - Sam

View attachment 181648

181643d1303870191-s5003147-jpg

That sure looks like an ugly place. Iron fences, junk, glass... I just found an iron rake stashed inside an ash. I bet they've been looking for that rake for some time. Some of these days I'm going to buy me a metal detector. If I get cured, financially.

Here's one I did a few years ago. Some knucklehead finally came to his better judgement and stopped before he got himself into some serious trouble. He started the backcut but chickened out. I bought the tree for firewood. As Forestryworks says, no time for sissy axes here.

Here's one I did a few years ago. Some knucklehead finally came to his better judgement and stopped before he got himself into some serious trouble. He started the backcut but chickened out. I bought the tree for firewood. As Forestryworks says, no time for sissy axes here.

I ain't never seen a Ford springboard before! :hmm3grin2orange:

Latest posts

Back