Falling pics 11/25/09

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'ma have to try that next time I'm out, I go through wedges like a house full of tweekers go through light bulbs

Give it a go Jake. I'm not shiittin' ya, when I switched to the molly, my production went up and I stopped buying wedges. It just takes a little time how to figure out how to use the molly properly - Sam

Cut the sound and you won't hear the leftist cant :laugh:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/M5BXTktQyqM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bastards would not let me grab the code:msp_mad:

Corporate Destruction of America's Forests - YouTube

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/My8J2STwRX4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

series of still pics.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UaKdPdNRd84" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Randy, I really liked the steep ground bucking, and the still pics one, including the soundtrack.

I love seeing a sidehill bucked log go a bit.

Oh, those productive, energetic and innocent days are long gone... Hey, wait a minute - they are still cutting OG in South America, West Africa and SE Asia. The occasional tree huggers will be used as the fish baits. If you fancy a piece of action... I wonder why the current real OG fallers are not hanging around here in the AS? Maybe they've got better things to do. Or no computers. Which may be the same thing.

I've been in some nice spruce lately.

A spruce from yesterday. Even boring through the undercut couldn't get a small post in the middle. Luckily the pull didn't go in very deep.
attachment.php

A couple from last shift.
attachment.php

One of the blocks I fell. It's almost all 4-6 foot spruce. Nicest block I've been in to date.
attachment.php

View attachment 199470View attachment 199471View attachment 199472

gavin, you are making me start to hate you!

J/K, love the pics, really happy for you getting to cut some nice stuff like that.

Does make me look forward to the next big ones I'll sink a bar into though, no denying that. Largest this year so far was a maple that was 40" about four feet up.

Mr. HE:cool:

Oh, those productive, energetic and innocent days are long gone... Hey, wait a minute - they are still cutting OG in South America, West Africa and SE Asia. The occasional tree huggers will be used as the fish baits. If you fancy a piece of action... I wonder why the current real OG fallers are not hanging around here in the AS? Maybe they've got better things to do. Or no computers. Which may be the same thing.

Unfortunatly most of us just cut #### 90% of the time, but it pays the bills. No glory, but it pays.

Gavin, that is some beautiful spruce. We get nice spuce in NW Montana, but not that nice....they don't hardly let us cut it here. Great pics - Sam

Unfortunatly most of us just cut #### 90% of the time, but it pays the bills. No glory, but it pays.

Gavin, that is some beautiful spruce. We get nice spuce in NW Montana, but not that nice....they don't hardly let us cut it here. Great pics - Sam

I'll say my favorite is truthfully ripe bar width about 30" across the stump and all day long. Tall and straight and clean.

Not all the time, but enough to keep the spirits up. But those pics of Gavin's those are HOT #### and really good looking work. And clean nice stumps and butts dude.

Well, about 12 chains, a clean and prepped saw, 2 clean air filters, a new spark plug, 2 gallons of water and plenty of fuel and bar oil, ready for Monday and then some. Tossed about 5 bar oil jugs in the trash with a bag of diapers I don't know how many folks in the middle of Asheville get to do that, its like I live in ####### Missoula or something!

You'd think the diapers came from the loggers, the way they cry about pulling a little cable cause now were done with the gravy of the job and getting up on the steeps, no I didn't flag you a road through there pull cable #####es!

Have a good week folks!

Tell me about it, pard! The day after tomorrow I'll start a park gig - do you say in America "a walk in the park" meaning a job done smooth and easy? Well, logging in a park, that's #### timber, dog #### to lay your saw on everywhere and #### bums and #### retired people (I beg your pardon, Mrs P) walking their ###### dogs and stuffing #### in the poor logger's #####.

Gavin, it's not that I'm envious or something, but I just googled "apply for Canadian citizenship".

Sam

Looks like he bought a new pair of riggin jeans for the show. At least he stagged his hickory shirt.:)

Latest posts

Back