fall's first fire.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wont be till the end of October before I light the first fire.
We get our first cool front almost exactly on Halloween.
It only last a day or two, but that's the start of our cooler weather.

I was just thinking, my stove has had no fire for 1 month this year... July.

Had a few fires in June and a few in August.

Summer has been done for a few weeks here. It's well into fall. Most years there's snow on the ground (that stays) for Holloween.

Lit a chill chase off last night, just enough to get the nc30 up to working temp. Outside temps are going to bounce around the 40-60 area next few days. Some small fires to chase chill using undesirables / odds and ends. Heck I haven't run a brush down the flue yet from last season- not really a worry as there is seldom more than a large coffee cup of anything. Plus that fire makes sure I do not get a buzzing with sharp points surprise when I do take the flue cap off. ( got the T-shirt on that awhile back)

Upstate NY. We just came off our 1st Sept. heat wave (3 consecutive 90 deg. days) since 1973. No fire here...yet. Wife's brother lives near Saranac Lake. They are probably skiing, ice skating and into next years fire wood already up there! :laughing:

Sparked up the fireplace for the first time this year. It got down in the low 40's last night and was 63 inside. Figured the MIL would enjoy sitting by the fire since shes always cold.

Going to be rainy and dip into the upper 40s next couple nights . Hopefully I can make it to October before I have to play Boy Scout

I haven't fired mine up yet. The last few nights I let the LP kick on. I bought LP at $.99 a gallon so I'm not too worried about it.

Today was the morning for the wood stove. Still burning off new chimney pipe from stove relocation so it's good to still be able to open the windows.

As expensive as this stove is to maintain, it's still a nice piece.

42f4fb4b8056fe410b8ee9a9ff325154.jpg

sent from a field

Lit it up! Got some little sticks and a chunk of tulip poplar and one nice bundle wood quality oak split in there,,,cooking! I think this is my all time earliest fire for heat, we do burn off some junk mail now and then though.

Gonna wuss and start one later this evening! Technically they say high 40s tonight, and the stove got a nice load of junk mail kindling in it and a bucket of sticks handy. So why not? HAHAHAHAHA!

Same here. I didn't really need one tonight but it is going to only be in the 60s for the next week so the stack of uglies will disappear.

Harry K

I burn most of the summer for my hot water and had to open the by-pass for the furnace twice last week when it cooled off at night, kind'a nice to get the dampness out of the house and keep the better half happy.

Not yet here, usually around firearm deer season mid November is when I start. We cooled off last weekend, damn it was nice to get some work done and not sweat.

I would have lit one this morning if I didn't have to sleep in the Peterbilt last night. Low 40's where I am and at home. Brrrr.

Latest posts

Back