fall's first fire.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got up to 52* today. If it wasn't for the pouring rain it's about the perfect temp to be working in.

Back in the upper 80 and 90 with humidity. Suppose to have another cold front by Saturday. Ive been seeing loads of wood lately this past week people hauling. Yes its getting that time.

Wont be till the end of October before I light the first fire.
We get our first cool front almost exactly on Halloween.
It only last a day or two, but that's the start of our cooler weather.

I recall last year at Halloween it dipped really colder than normal here. We had two firepits roaring to keep warm during our Halloween party outside.

with a cool north wind blowing at a steady 12 mph all day and splitting/stacking this winters wood and sweat! there's a fire going to warm my old bones to chase away the pains of over doing it at the wood pile! low 60's here today for a high and over nite's low dipping to 40 something, it's time again for the fire to warm the old bone's!! anyone else?

It dipped down to the low 50's over the weekend and I had a fire going outside in the fire pit while watching Sunday Night Football...love this time of year.

Lit the fire again last night 34°, probably need it for another couple days, then warmer weather for awhile. Fire makes it to hot in the house 75° so gotta open windows, can't win.

Wow.
You guys in the mid-west USA must be getting a cold snap or something.
It's still been over 80 F here in Southern Ontario.
Yesterday was 28 C outside and with the humidity felt like 34 C (that's 82 F and 93 F)
There has been relief at night down into the teens though.
Last night went down to 12 C (54 F)

Wifebelly & I have a rule. No fire unless it is 50* or below (otherwise she would have it going all summer). Well, when I got up at 5 this morning it was 46*. I guess the burning season has officially begun here in Beerbellyland. It feels good, and I have to say, it beats the crap out of 95* and humid. I hate that stuff!

Small fires in the Hearthstone to take the chill off. Trying to hold out for lighting the outdoor boiler until November 1st. Momma has final say on that date though.
image.jpg

Had my first fire by the splitting area last night. I burn the twigs and punky crap as I going to clean up where I am walking and fires are always nice company along with the dog.
81b3dd2cd0316139f6cdda8b9bcf88e1.jpg

Brian

Latest posts

Back