Farm Boss's suck!I

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now before yall thinking im saying my fs55r is one badass weedeater...... Im not its a vibrating pos that i was hoping would not start so id have an excuse to get a new one.

Go to any firearms site and mention Hi-Point firearms. You will hear how heavy, ugly, cheap, junkie, unreliable weapons they are. Typically the ones screaming this the loudest are the ones who just spent $2000 on an AR-15 with night vision scope, bipod grip, a cell phone, and microwave all bolted to it so it can sit in a safe, but remember it match's they're top of the line load bearing tactical vest they wear when shooting at paper Zombie targets. Most have never shot one but will be quick to tell other what a pos they are. In reality a Hi-Point is a weapon that fits a particular group of Folks would probably would like to buy a brand new H&K but don't have the means or extra coin to justify doing so. So they purchase a more inexpensive weapon which happens to have some of the best customer service as well as one of the best warranties in the industry to offer protection to their family or shoot paper. I enjoy cutting firewood and my 391 or my 390 do a great job of that. Could I buy a faster, lighter, more highly priced saw? Yep. Do I need one? Nope. Snob on.

I loved my HP 995TS carbine.. That was a sweet little rifle.. It would hold 4" groups at 100yds with good ammo. For a pistol caliber carbine that is impressive. I regret trading it, but I just didn't have a use for it other than plinking.

The farm boss is like the all weather tire. It doesn't do a great job in mud like an M/T but does good enough from most people. The fuel economy and noise isn't as good as the low resistance tires that come on some hybrids. The handling is good enough for my mother but isn't designed for a Z06 or track duty. There is a comprise that you have to have in order to get a certain price point. Look how many people have a diesel truck but get the 4x4 drive model with no options just so they can have the diesel truck. The person that bought that farm boss could talk about your shoe game, they could say he only has one pair of wingtips or his suit isn't tailored correctly. What processor does your computer have or what cell phone did you buy? If you got the free phone instead paying the 250 or you got the laptop with the i3 processor vs the i7 processor. We can always critique something, that is easy. It just depends on what your Values, Assumptions, Beliefs, and Expectations (VABEs) are depend on how you spend your money. I remember when I first bought my 290, I thought it was a big and powerful saw, then I got a 660.

had the choice between the 590 timberwolf or the farm boss, sorry i would take the 590 lol

had the choice between the 590 timberwolf or the farm boss, sorry i would take the 590 lol
O ya i almost got the 590 but it was more saw then i needed. Its a pro style saw tho, i hear it runs good.

I loved my HP 995TS carbine.. That was a sweet little rifle.. It would hold 4" groups at 100yds with good ammo. For a pistol caliber carbine that is impressive. I regret trading it, but I just didn't have a use for it other than plinking.
I had a 995 carbine as well and traded it. I still kick myself for getting rid of it. It was a fun weapon to shoot. All of my friends would bad mouth it till they actually shot it.

I had a 995 carbine as well and traded it. I still kick myself for getting rid of it. It was a fun weapon to shoot. All of my friends would bad mouth it till they actually shot it.
I still bad mouth them and i owned a c9 and carbine. Absolute crap. Sure they work sometimes but still junk. Put a nicer gun on layaway if money is tight.

I have been trying for months to snag an Echo 590. I missed the first group that sold on ebay for $299. They have been going up since then. After losing 14 consecutive 590's that went for over $400, I finally snagged one last week at $320 and free shipping. Open box,new saw but no manual or bottle of Echo oil. Had an opportunity to try it yesterday with several other firewood saws. The 590 coughed on the second pull and started on the 3rd. It outcut my 026 and 290 and hung with my 261 very close. I do not like the bar/chain on the 590 but the saw is well balanced and has a lot of torque. I believe it was money well spent and its a keeper for sure.

Latest posts

Back