Farmertec 066 problems.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, so Ive got myself an air leak. Is there a way to diagnose where it's from?
A pressure test ,then soapy water from a spray bottle. I aint so sure that's the problem. First get a good compression tester or borrow one that's known to work correctly. I didnt read all posts here did you try another carb?

A pressure test ,then soapy water from a spray bottle. I aint so sure that's the problem. First get a good compression tester or borrow one that's known to work correctly. I didnt read all posts here did you try another carb?
I have an oem one in the mail now. That was my first thought. I will say: if the compression is low, it can't be by much. It's as hard to pull as it was when I got it.

Well it might be the carb.
Ok, so I put some thread tape on my tester, got 140 psi on an old Craftsman saw, and 150 on my ms 271. Then 100 on my farmertec 066. So I guess it's "spray soap on all questionable spots" time. Is there a reason I shouldn't use dawn? I know it breaks down oils, that's why I ask

Their customer service is absolute dogshit. I'm still trying to get parts for my knockoff 372 that died. Started the process in June. Runarounds and reassurance - but no parts.

Didn't get 1/3 of the ordered parts. Was pulling teeth to get a refund. Had to email about a dozen times.

Why did I try them? I have good saws up to 64cc. Colorado trees don't need more than very too often.

Having said all that - the 066 has been pretty good for about 100 trees now. The 372 died fast. Their warranty is this - maybe they will send some parts. Maybe they won't - so far.

China just may be the worst thing to ever happen to this country. It is also a totalitarian state with the capability to take us over with the incredible mismanagement stemming from Eviltown DC.

It wasn't incompetence though. We went from #1 in all the best things to #Last in many things by design - from the power elite. They love the Chinese system for various reasons.

About 120 with my first tester. But I tried a second and it's around 95 or 100, which is telling me that I've got an air leak somewhere. I think it's the clutch seal. When I did the Piston swap though, I did notice that one of the screws that holds the top end down was not very tight at all, obviously I have tightened it down since.

Is there a way to diagnose a faulty decompression valve? Or some way to tell where it's leaking air from?
The compression is low in my opinion. On my K970, I re[laced rings and I went from 100 psi to 150 psi. The ring end gap was excessive when compared to brand new rings. Did you install the piston in the correct direction with the arrow facing the exhaust if it had an arrow. Pic is the new ring on the top and old ring on bottom. New ring had a very small gap.

Attachments

• IMG_4012.jpg
    IMG_4012.jpg
    384.7 KB · Views: 18
Low compression is not cause by an air leak it is caused by something in the cylinder. An air leak will cause the mixture to run lean and should not really cause flooding. Did you put a new base gasket on when you replace the rings.
You need to pressurize and pull a vacuum on your case while you are using soap to find leaks.

The compression is low in my opinion. On my K970, I re[laced rings and I went from 100 psi to 150 psi. The ring end gap was excessive when compared to brand new rings. Did you install the piston in the correct direction with the arrow facing the exhaust if it had an arrow. Pic is the new ring on the top and old ring on bottom. New ring had a very small gap.
Yes, I installed it with the arrow facing the right direction.

Their customer service is absolute dogshit. I'm still trying to get parts for my knockoff 372 that died. Started the process in June. Runarounds and reassurance - but no parts.

Didn't get 1/3 of the ordered parts. Was pulling teeth to get a refund. Had to email about a dozen times.

Why did I try them? I have good saws up to 64cc. Colorado trees don't need more than very too often.

Having said all that - the 066 has been pretty good for about 100 trees now. The 372 died fast. Their warranty is this - maybe they will send some parts. Maybe they won't - so far.

China just may be the worst thing to ever happen to this country. It is also a totalitarian state with the capability to take us over with the incredible mismanagement stemming from Eviltown DC.

It wasn't incompetence though. We went from #1 in all the best things to #Last in many things by design - from the power elite. They love the Chinese system for various reasons.
I actually ordered it from a seller here in the U.S.

Back