Farmertec G372XP. Few questions.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Den

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Been looking at the Farmertec / Huztl / Holzfforma G372XP.
When did they change the color from orange to ugly blue ?
Do you believe they are a decent and long lasting saw?

The Blue outer- recently I believe and in my opinion, a brilliant idea in the fact it immediately defines it as a sheep in wolves clothing, not some kind of close cousin.
I believe you can still buy slightly off OEM orange plastics from their parts bin.
No, I do not believe they are decent, nor long lasting- compared to the original saws they mimic, but for low use hours and lighter than felling daily to make a wage- they cut wood.
Only one I have had the "pleasure" of running the bar delaminated first. I sold the owner a secondhand Oregon bar for it and told him it would be easier to replace than repair if anything else started falling apart. He hasn't been back, but I know he has a big wind blown Eucalyptus to deal with very soon- so I might be hearing from him when he waltzes into that.

First start up out the box...

With a 25" bar and a very sharp fc chain...it was running pig rich for the first tank..ive since turned it up...the power is definitely there.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Another dollar to China, and people wonder why their local shops close.
If your worried about sending dollars to China, you probably shouldn't buy a new saw or anything else for that matter because almost every product has some component that either the raw materials or a component of the item came from China.

I don't know how accurate this is, just something I saw on the internet.

Where are Stihl chainsaws made?​

Stihl chainsaws are manufactured in the United States and China. The company has a facility in Virginia Beach, Virginia and Qingdao, China. “Made by STIHL” is a brand promise – no matter the location of production. Each chainsaw undergoes tried-and-tested STIHL quality control and high standards.

Where are Husqvarna chainsaws made?​

Husqvarna chainsaws come from many countries even though the label says made in “Sweden” or “USA”. The company has facilities and subsidiaries in Sweden, France, Germany, United States, China, and Brazil. It’s most likely that each chainsaw is made up of components that are sourced from one or more of these countries.

Where are Echo chainsaws made?​

ECHO chainsaws are built in the United States but include components from both foreign and domestic locations. Manufacturing plants for ECHO products include Yokosuka and Morioka, Japan; Shenzhen, China; and Illinois, United States.

If your worried about sending dollars to China, you probably shouldn't buy a new saw or anything else for that matter because almost every product has some component that either the raw materials or a component of the item came from China.

I don't know how accurate this is, just something I saw on the internet.

Where are Stihl chainsaws made?​

Stihl chainsaws are manufactured in the United States and China. The company has a facility in Virginia Beach, Virginia and Qingdao, China. “Made by STIHL” is a brand promise – no matter the location of production. Each chainsaw undergoes tried-and-tested STIHL quality control and high standards.

Where are Husqvarna chainsaws made?​

Husqvarna chainsaws come from many countries even though the label says made in “Sweden” or “USA”. The company has facilities and subsidiaries in Sweden, France, Germany, United States, China, and Brazil. It’s most likely that each chainsaw is made up of components that are sourced from one or more of these countries.

Where are Echo chainsaws made?​

ECHO chainsaws are built in the United States but include components from both foreign and domestic locations. Manufacturing plants for ECHO products include Yokosuka and Morioka, Japan; Shenzhen, China; and Illinois, United States.
The Stihl and Husqvarna saws I bought were all made in their homelands, Germany and Sweden. Never seen a made in china sticker
on any of the Echo saws I had either.

But I know Stihl and Husqvarna and many others have factories in china, so I avoid the models made there, see, we have a choice.
Same with other tools, I avoid china now, Italy Germany Denmark Sweden Spain all make tools I buy, instead of me choosing china.

The Stihl and Husqvarna saws I bought were all made in their homelands, Germany and Sweden. Never seen a made in china sticker

But I know Stihl and Husqvarna and many others have factories in china, so I avoid the models made there, see, we have a choice.
Same with other tools, I avoid china now, Italy Germany Denmark Sweden Spain all make tools I buy, instead of me choosing china.
I think what he was saying is it ain't as cut and dry as people like to think. Example: where are the carburetors made on your saws? The electronics?

I think what he was saying is it ain't as cut and dry as people like to think. Example: where are the carburetors made on your saws? The electronics?
Yes, but a full saw, not on the cards for me, them cc crooks are out and out to stay.
And its worse for the new tech, with china owning the mines we all need to get the raw ingredients for the batteries
that will power the EV invasion, now how did the rest of the world sit sleeping while the chinese were buying up all this.
Its going to be a slow but painful lesson to learn, get out, and start producing somewhere else and preferably using
technology and resources that are not in the hands of the chinese, it is too dangerous, they could pull the plug, make demands,
put up costs at any time, and they will.

I understand wanting to avoid Chinese products because you'll probably get a crappy tool, part or whatever it is your buying. I watched my dad for over 20 years trying to avoid anything that even a part of it was made in China and it was almost an impossible task, no matter what you do, some of your dollars are going to be going to China.

I don't worry about jobs disappearing to China. Frankly, my quality of life and prosperity increase in a "down economy". I'm willing to work smart and work hard. I don't have any desire to live high on the hog.
Conversely, in times of great prosperity, American's contract a disease called "apechitism". They are happy to pay $58,000 for a $23,000 dollar car, and $280,000 for a $98,000 house.
I have no sympathy for these ninny's when they go bankrupt.

I understand wanting to avoid Chinese products because you'll probably get a crappy tool, part or whatever it is your buying. I watched my dad for over 20 years trying to avoid anything that even a part of it was made in China and it was almost an impossible task, no matter what you do, some of your dollars are going to be going to China.
It sure is a difficult task, and I can only do so much to play my part , but am going to keep on doing it, otherwise we
well never break the cycle and going further in over our necks, the chinese are not the kind of people to be depending on.
It is a disaster, people unemployed on our doorsteps, manufacturing ability gone, raw materials and nothing to do with them on our doorstep,
because we buy from china, paying extra tax on what we earn to make up for the massive shortfall because less people are employed and contributing.
Skills lost to china, we educated them for free in how to that we accumulated over generations, difficult to understand this why this was allowed.

I don't worry about jobs disappearing to China. Frankly, my quality of life and prosperity increase in a "down economy". I'm willing to work smart and work hard. I don't have any desire to live high on the hog.
Conversely, in times of great prosperity, American's contract a disease called "apechitism". They are happy to pay $58,000 for a $23,000 dollar car, and $280,000 for a $98,000 house.
I have no sympathy for these ninny's when they go bankrupt.

I understand that, its greed, and there should be a limit put on what can be charged over and above what
a product cost to make, but china does not dominate the US housing market, and people are not sending their money
off to china when they buy a house built by a local developer.

It sure is a difficult task, and I can only do so much to play my part , but am going to keep on doing it, otherwise we
well never break the cycle and going further in over our necks, the chinese are not the kind of people to be depending on.
It is a disaster, people unemployed on our doorsteps, manufacturing ability gone, raw materials and nothing to do with them on our doorstep,
because we buy from china, paying extra tax on what we earn to make up for the massive shortfall because less people are employed and contributing.
Skills lost to china, we educated them for free in how to that we accumulated over generations, difficult to understand this why this was allowed.
nah, we just got lazy, and bought cheap :)

Asian people are stoic and smart. They have a 200 year plan for their country, not a 4 year plan like America.
If they are smart enough and strong enough to humble other countries, good for them. Life is about survival. The strong/smart survive.
If American's are stupid enough to overpay for a car, house, or anything... let them. The nincompoops can't live like that forever.

I understand that, its greed, and there should be a limit put on what can be charged over and above what
a product cost to make, but china does not dominate the US housing market, and people are not sending their money
off to china when they buy a house built by a local developer.

Whinbush, what I'm really saying is, too much prosperity for any country is a bad, bad thing. China is doing us a favor by stunting our economy.
Look at two of the so called "financially prosperous" guys from my Church for instance. The one guy/wife have nine kids. The other guy/wife have ten kids. Perfect example of "apechitism". Too much prosperity will lead to standing room only in America, as well as disease and violence.

Latest posts

Back