FarmerTec Huztl MS660 Updated Build Kit - Build Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The muffler is already modded in the kit. The oiler had a few duds. Not on mine but another guy. At that price my suggestion was order two. I guess I should have said why two.

I will allow others to pick up here....

Thanks for the replys!

Does anyone have detailed pics of a 660 muffler mod? or should I just buy the dual port cover? I've seen where guys just rip the baffle box out...does it make it ungodly loud?

Do the HO oilers wear out fast? Should I buy an extra, if I'm doing milling?

You guys have any recommendations on chain spinners? I saw the harbor freight one frequently need to be tweaked before it works right...anyone have a better option that is in the price range?
Thanks again!
Yea it will make it a little bit louder but it will help let it run cooler
Thanks for the replys!

Does anyone have detailed pics of a 660 muffler mod? or should I just buy the dual port cover? I've seen where guys just rip the baffle box out...does it make it ungodly loud?

You guys have any recommendations on chain spinners? I saw the harbor freight one frequently need to be tweaked before it works right...anyone have a better option that is in the price range?
Thanks again!

Thanks for the replys!

Thanks again!
Yes it will make it a little bit louder but it will help it run a little bit cooler. I made mine a tryport and heres some picks IMG_20180220_120551.jpg IMG_20180220_120539.jpg

Thanks for the replys!

Thanks again!
But note this I've done some porting on my cylinder and not sure if you going to with yours you can just open up the outlets that are on the muffler that you have and on the baffle just cut off the front off the baffle with a dremil that should be good enough if your just looking for a little more power. It helps a little bit but you will need to change your jet in your carb if you let that saw breath more. Witch me and Bedford T would recommend ether way.

But note this I've done some porting on my cylinder and not sure if you going to with yours you can just open up the outlets that are on the muffler that you have and on the baffle just cut off the front off the baffle with a dremil that should be good enough if your just looking for a little more power. It helps a little bit but you will need to change your jet in your carb if you let that saw breath more. Witch me and Bedford T would recommend ether way.
That's not a kit muffler is it?

So to guys asking questions be sure you are both, are talking about same thing. Sometimes you are, sometimes your not. When I answer a kit question it's about stuff in the kit. Even then we need to be careful that the kit did not change like on the brake spring. Just saying

On kit mufflers they are dual ports and a very small baffle, just enough to maybe keep a screw out of cylinder. I am certain the kit muffler is louder than a stock muffler. Wear hearing protection

Ok cool...I'll just widen the muffler by the cylinder exhaust port then.

How much oil does the HO oiler put out? I don't have the saw together, but when I do, just wondering what I should be looking for to make sure its functioning right. Does it throw chain oil off quite a bit?

Is this kit on eBay the hutzl farmertec kit? Ready to order. No ones answering the phone at HL supply. I tried to call and see if they will offer a coupon code or deal on the ms660 kit anytime soon. I also emailed 4 days ago no reply. So looking elsewhere. This one is on ebay. Is it the farmertec?Screenshot_2018-02-20-15-59-05.png Screenshot_2018-02-20-15-59-16.png Screenshot_2018-02-20-15-59-23.png Screenshot_2018-02-20-15-59-32.png

Ok cool...I'll just widen the muffler by the cylinder exhaust port then.

How much oil does the HO oiler put out? I don't have the saw together, but when I do, just wondering what I should be looking for to make sure its functioning right. Does it throw chain oil off quite a bit?
The mufflerm
Is this kit on eBay the hutzl farmertec kit? Ready to order. No ones answering the phone at HL supply. I tried to call and see if they will offer a coupon code or deal on the ms660 kit anytime soon. I also emailed 4 days ago no reply. So looking elsewhere. This one is on ebay. Is it the farmertec?View attachment 634550 View attachment 634551 View attachment 634552 View attachment 634553
Looks like a farmertec kit

The muffler is already modded in the kit. The oiler had a few duds. Not on mine but another guy. At that price my suggestion was order two. I guess I should have said why two. I will allow others to pick up here....

I got my HO oiler from internationalsystemsandequipment in Tipperary, Ireland (It's a long way) on Ebay for $14.20, free shipping. I have no idea who manufactured it.

Is this kit on eBay the hutzl farmertec kit? Ready to order. No ones answering the phone at HL supply. I tried to call and see if they will offer a coupon code or deal on the ms660 kit anytime soon. I also emailed 4 days ago no reply. So looking elsewhere. This one is on ebay. Is it the farmertec?View attachment 634550 View attachment 634551 View attachment 634552 View attachment 634553
It's Chinese new year... check back next week, they take a week or two off

Yea it will make it a little bit louder but it will help let it run cooler

Yes it will make it a little bit louder but it will help it run a little bit cooler. I made mine a tryport and heres some picks View attachment 634501 View attachment 634502
Does duel Port mean holes on both sides, like this? Mine only has holes on one side? Although there is one in the cover and one in the base

Does duel Port mean holes on both sides, like this? Mine only has holes on one side? Although there is one in the cover and one in the base
The one you have is considered a dual port but it doesn't flow as much as the factory one but if add a third one it will but if you do put a third outlet in id start with a small hole like 1/4in and then see how you like it. Like I said I ported my cylinder so my saw like to breathe. Lol.

Yes sir that is farmertec, they do business as huztl and machine doctor and a couple more on ebay

I've built the 440 kit and omitted the base gasket and had the base milled to leave .015-.018 squish on it. I also cleaned up the ports, widened them slightly and port matched the intake baffle and muffler and removed the muffler internal baffle.

These were all on the 440 (really a 440 big bore). Does this 660 kit work the same way? Are base gaskets able to be omitted on the this one as well? I'm guessing yes to all these and will check all anyway, but I've had pretty good luck with increasing compression and power with the farmertec stuff.

Latest posts

Back