FarmerTec Huztl MS660 Updated Build Kit - Build Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well you are giving up something you don't want some over anxious guy to blow it for you. I just sent out two messages. It might be in the morning. I will get you someone who will give it a fair shake for you.

chainsaw kits and packing lists
http://thechainsawkitguy.com
http://YouTube.com/c/the1chainsawguy

Thanks Bedford.

I'm saving the 261 and 461 kits in case I pick up one of those. I still have a 661 popup too, as well as a Husaqvarna 572 X-Torq big bore.

Mikejr
Did you get an OEM selector switch and trigger or a different after market one.
Mine doesn't have the fast idle either.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I bought OEM, the switch was a more rigid plastic. I think they are around 7-8 bucks apiece. I think it opens the throttle
plate a little to much, could just be that when the hog fires she sounds like a raging beast lol I dont think there is going
to be a way to close that plate any but I havent had time to look at it yet. Maybe someone here knows. Main thing is fast idle is fixed and she starts 3 pulls.

Bedford T I appreciate that you replied and didnt try to turn the deal into some big crap slinging show, that isn't what I was trying to start and I wouldnt have taken part in. I understand what your saying, I just hope that you also understand how I viewed your previous comments, that was the main point of my post, I did poke alittle and you seem to have responded like a grown up. That is a plus in my book. Also hope you know that I was just trying to provide information that I thought you wanted. I wouldnt have a problem contacting them about the defective parts, what should I do just email them a list of the parts and tell them there junk send me some more? Are they gonna put me on a watch list and the next time I order a kit they'll completely screw up my order to get even. just a thought. Mike

So, it cranks better with the new switch lever?
I bought OEM, the switch was a more rigid plastic. I think they are around 7-8 bucks apiece. I think it opens the throttle
plate a little to much, could just be that when the hog fires she sounds like a raging beast lol I dont think there is going
to be a way to close that plate any but I havent had time to look at it yet. Maybe someone here knows. Main thing is fast idle is fixed and she starts 3 pulls.

Bedford T I appreciate that you replied and didnt try to turn the deal into some big crap slinging show, that isn't what I was trying to start and I wouldnt have taken part in. I understand what your saying, I just hope that you also understand how I viewed your previous comments, that was the main point of my post, I did poke alittle and you seem to have responded like a grown up. That is a plus in my book. Also hope you know that I was just trying to provide information that I thought you wanted. I wouldnt have a problem contacting them about the defective parts, what should I do just email them a list of the parts and tell them there junk send me some more? Are they gonna put me on a watch list and the next time I order a kit they'll completely screw up my order to get even. just a thought. Mike

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Yes but not really, because my saw started easy anyway, when I was putting it together I discovered that after I switched it up from choke to fast idle I could squeeze the trigger some and it would just barely stick and hold the butterfly open.
It had to go to choke first then up or it wouldn't work. somewhere in there switch and trigger it had a tight spot. Iam sure you know this will not fix how many pulls it takes to get the first pop but that throttle plate has to be cracked after that for it to
blast right off with out running your trigger with a third hand. If your pulling a lot to get that first pop maybe something else is wrong. Mine has been popping and almost starting on the second pull, just cant flip the switch fast enough or it would be running on two. Ones back only has so many chainsaw starts in it, so for 15-20 bucks just getem then contact huztl. If the part #'s aren't posted or you need them let me know.

I just got a 660 kit this week, am I reading this post right in that you need to not use the piston and cylinder out of the kit, but get an oem or a meteor? I plan on using everything but the wrist pin, circlips and the wrist pin bearing
David

I just got a 660 kit this week, am I reading this post right in that you need to not use the piston and cylinder out of the kit, but get an oem or a meteor?
David
There is more to it than that. Chances are you would be better off with the best cylinder kit you can buy. We have had a lot of issues lately with the kit cylinder kits.

Congrats you will have fun. Check the website in my footer and read it too.

I can get oem at a good price lol but that is not the point the kit parts should work
Then use it. I am not bad mouthing it. You can read the thread. I was just helping you cut through it. Sounds like you don't need that help you are just letting everyone know who you are. That's ok.

I will give you a hint. If you think you know what you are doing, you better slow down and listen a little. The kits are close copies so if you do everything by the book and your engine specs are not oem you best adjust them or you will have early failure.

And, the thread has enough testimony to provide the reader with a clear understanding that not all parts will last or it not burn your saw up.

Read, consider and apply

I have been to way too many Stihl schools , I think Silver I am the only chain saw guy at work and don't go to all the schools anymore. It is way over rated. I see guys there that I would not trust with a hand saw let alone a chainsaw

Latest posts

Back