FarmerTec MS200t What's in the Box

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your missing what I wanted in the kit. I want to put it together and have a saw that fits and runs good. Is that to hard to ask? Huztl had to know these parts need refining. Why put it out if it’s doent work with the parts supplied?
I think they want their customers to be a test mule and spend their own hard earned $ to work the bugs out for them. Who’s at fault? I guess me for buying one. That’s all I wanted and I didn’t find it here. So I’m done with mine. You all can carry on. [emoji1422]
Bye

http://thechainsawkitguy.com

https://www.youtube.com/the1chainsawguy

I think there are misconceptions about this "kit". This isn't like a Testors model car where the manufacturer designed all the parts and solely makes kits that are ready and easy to assemble, and you just have to put it together. It definitely isn't like Stihl or Echo or an OPE manufacturer just shipping you all the parts to an actual saw they make and you put it together and it runs.

This is more like asking a bunch of kids from school's shop class to make a copy of a car that they'll use to compete against other teams as a senior project. Think of Huztl like the class teacher, not like a manufacturer. You have some kids who do a good job, and some who turn out donkey balls. Huztl is likely outsourcing manufacturing of plastics, of metal casting, gaskets and hardware, carbs, all of it, and some parts are just bad.

Huztle has had various 200t parts for a while, a long while, but the never released a complete saw kit until just recently. In regard to why release this kit if it isn't ready for prime time, I imagine this is like just before the Summer, when the teacher has had the students all year and there just isn't any more time, there is a competition as planned whether the kids are ready or not - lay the cards on the table and let's see what's to show.

Likely Huztl has invested a lot of money into contracts with outsourced manufacturers trying to make an MS200T clone, and this is as far as they've gotten with quality and collecting inventory. The contracts for bits and pieces are out and the goods are in, and Huztl likely didn't know what was good or bad until they hear feedback from buyers on what works and what doesn't. It's not like everything is happening under one roof, so it's understandable that one manufacturer might not understand if the handle angle is off by 8 degrees at the bend radius that it won't line up with another part. Likely the handle manufacturer doesn't even have a test right to do quality control, they are just doing their best 'to spec'.

And while Huztl 'might' care to hear feedback and make improvements, 1) they are likely looking to start recouping costs that they've already outlayed so far, and they are going to start and keep selling these kits as is to start digging themselves out of the red towards being in the black, and 2) they likely have significant inventory to go through first before they throw anything away and make revision 2, 3, or 4... So I imagine people are going to continue to have issues for quite some time.

Unfortunately the only solution at this time is to slowly work through what works a d doesn't, and replace with OEM where you need to.

I think there are misconceptions about this "kit". This isn't like a Testors model car where the manufacturer designed all the parts and solely makes kits that are ready and easy to assemble, and you just have to put it together. It definitely isn't like Stihl or Echo or an *** manufacturer just shipping you all the parts to an actual saw they make and you put it together and it runs.

This is more like asking a bunch of kids from school's shop class to make a copy of a car that they'll use to compete against other teams as a senior project. Think of Huztl like the class teacher, not like a manufacturer. You have some kids who do a good job, and some who turn out donkey balls. Huztl is likely outsourcing manufacturing of plastics, of metal casting, gaskets and hardware, carbs, all of it, and some parts are just bad.

Huztle has had various 200t parts for a while, a long while, but the never released a complete saw kit until just recently. In regard to why release this kit if it isn't ready for prime time, I imagine this is like just before the Summer, when the teacher has had the students all year and there just isn't any more time, there is a competition as planned whether the kids are ready or not - lay the cards on the table and let's see what's to show.

Likely Huztl has invested a lot of money into contracts with outsourced manufacturers trying to make an MS200T clone, and this is as far as they've gotten with quality and collecting inventory. The contracts for bits and pieces are out and the goods are in, and Huztl likely didn't know what was good or bad until they hear feedback from buyers on what works and what doesn't. It's not like everything is happening under one roof, so it's understandable that one manufacturer might not understand if the handle angle is off by 8 degrees at the bend radius that it won't line up with another part. Likely the handle manufacturer doesn't even have a test right to do quality control, they are just doing their best 'to spec'.

And while Huztl 'might' care to hear feedback and make improvements, 1) they are likely looking to start recouping costs that they've already outlayed so far, and they are going to start and keep selling these kits as is to start digging themselves out of the red towards being in the black, and 2) they likely have significant inventory to go through first before they throw anything away and make revision 2, 3, or 4... So I imagine people are going to continue to have issues for quite some time.

Unfortunately the only solution at this time is to slowly work through what works a d doesn't, and replace with OEM where you need to.
Or stay away from china crap altogether when you can.:cool:

Wrap handle note:
I put the ill fitting handle in the oven an worked up in small increments from 250 to near 300 deg F.

Got it to move a little.
dba61633311112ce6da4bbdd2068ea8f.jpg

Serviceable but still some distortion of the buffer.
f654dc4917722bb76cf05aabc808d384.jpg

Bend at the large radius.

Back