Farmtec/huztl husky clone saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So it's not "f China" or "f the country that killed people worldwide".... Its "f huztl specifically" or "f the people on eBay who sell things from huztl". Apparently it's ok to send money to China (as long as it is to a company who has sold out to them and exploits the local workers for lower production cost) as long as said company sells it as OEM and charges more so their profit margin stays high.... What a ridiculous point of view. Either hate China for what they have done to the world, or not. But supporting China is deeper than one set of products from one company. If you're going to say f China, then you have to say f China across the board. Otherwise you are just saying "F China aftermarket chainsaw products, everything else is ok"
My point is everything is made in China so obviously if I need some thing that is only made in China then unfortunately my money has to go there. If i have an option to buy something made elsewhere i’m buying it there. But...**** China period....Hutzl or chain saw related or not.

My point is everything is made in China so obviously if I need some thing that is only made in China then unfortunately my money has to go there. If i have an option to buy something made elsewhere i’m buying it there. But...**** China period....Hutzl or chain saw related or not.
What you've said makes perfect sense. Like I said though, they're either intentionally obtuse or morons. I like to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Then you have to say f Husqvarna OEM parts that are manufactured in China as well.
I would be upset if I paid the full OEM price for a cylinder expecting it to be made in Sweden and it was made in China.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

So it's not "f China" or "f the country that killed people worldwide".... Its "f huztl specifically" or "f the people on eBay who sell things from huztl". Apparently it's ok to send money to China (as long as it is to a company who has sold out to them and exploits the local workers for lower production cost) as long as said company sells it as OEM and charges more so their profit margin stays high.... What a ridiculous point of view. Either hate China for what they have done to the world, or not. But supporting China is deeper than one set of products from one company. If you're going to say f China, then you have to say f China across the board. Otherwise you are just saying "F China aftermarket chainsaw products, everything else is ok"
You nailed it.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

I wonder how much TP, paper bags etc we in the west could produce with the timber that loggers leave behind.

Part of my firewood business was cleaning up what loggers left behind. Some trees had 24”+ limbs. The storm damaged trees on access roads had 50”/trunks. Besides thinning the forest and cutting new access roads up to the good quality second growth timber.

For me, it's not that black and white. Just that where possible, I'll choose not to do business with China. That's it, the whole of it. No great political stand, not a hill I'm going to die on, or even plant much of a flag on, just when possible I'll choose the "not China" option. I'm not screaming "BUY USA OR DON'T BUY AT ALL" while pissing red white and blue, just weighting where the product was made heavier in my decision making process.

For me, it's not that black and white. Just that where possible, I'll choose not to do business with China. That's it, the whole of it. No great political stand, not a hill I'm going to die on, or even plant much of a flag on, just when possible I'll choose the "not China" option. I'm not screaming "BUY USA OR DON'T BUY AT ALL" while pissing red white and blue, just weighting where the product was made heavier in my decision making process.
^^^this

I wonder if Husqvarna or the other companies who manufactured Husqvarna saws in the past sold there discontinued machines, fixtures, molds to China. China polished out the made in Sweden of big H’s from the molds. To sell them as made in China.

I worked for the Bullard machine tool company USA they did farm out one of there older manual lathes from pre ww2 to India to manufacture. We got one in our plant to assemble and test plus compare side by side to the exact older manual lathe, there quality castiron was as good as ours. Bullard has the most modern castiron foundry on this side of the Mississippi at one time. My point is manufacturers can sell off there out dated products and get a royalty’s from each one manufactured. It’s just that chins isn’t up to speed yet.

So if the husky replacement OEM clutch cover is $85 and the Chinese clone clutch cover is $15 your going to buy the oem?

Huztl / farmtec didn’t start the virus the government did. I can’t blame the Chinese clone husky stuff. Remember everyone has to eat even them and us. Life will go on no matter what we do. I just can’t fathom everything we see on the news is true. There’s a lot of fake news out there. If we watch who started the virus it changes everyday.

My point is that you can't just proclaim that you aren't going to put China crap in your saws then buy parts from china.... Even if it is the OEM part. You can say that you aren't putting cheap aftermarket parts in it, or something similar. But you cannot just say arbitrarily you are not putting Chinese crap in it. Either boycott China wholly or not at all, but don't pigeon hole the entire country over one company. Boycott huztl, boycott farmertec.... But don't proclaim everything that comes from China is crap and just accept the fact that you agree that the American companies that are outsourcing Chinese labor and materials are doing something that you see as ok, and continue to support it. But don't hide behind the facade of "American or nothing" because it is outright B.S.

Latest posts

Back