Farmtec/huztl husky clone saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is anyone concerned with these saws being sold as legitimate husky/stihls? I'm also a member of the mentioned Facebook group. I see a large number of people buying the orange kits then plastering them with OEM decals. Making a clone is one thing, putting OEM decals on it is another..

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

Is anyone concerned with these saws being sold as legitimate husky/stihls? I'm also a member of the mentioned Facebook group. I see a large number of people buying the orange kits then plastering them with OEM decals. Making a clone is one thing, putting OEM decals on it is another..

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk
I'm sure it happens. Some people are crooks. I have OEM decals on my husky clone, but I wouldn't try to sell it as OEM. It doesn't have an ID tag like OEM does. People that know saws should be able to tell the difference. It's the unknowing that I worry about being taken.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

I bought the little 2500? Top handle.

Used it the other day first time. 3 pulls to start. Cut awesome, idles well, powerful enough.
I have a 268xp, Stihl 009. Dad has 55 and 363 special.

This little saw is pretty good quality for price.
I watched a couple video reviews on them. They were good reviews, just as you described.

I watched a couple video reviews on them. They were good reviews, just as you described.

I was seriously impressed. I was expecting a pile of crap..
Now I probably have less than 30 minutes of run time. But darn me, it works great. Even hot starts, one pull, sits and idles like my husky.

Around the yard, I just found my go to saw.

I was seriously impressed. I was expecting a pile of crap..
Now I probably have less than 30 minutes of run time. But darn me, it works great. Even hot starts, one pull, sits and idles like my husky.

Around the yard, I just found my go to saw.
Glad it's working out for you.

My low compression 365 xt didn’t get here yet I priced a Husqvarna OEM piston kit for it, $150 isn’t to bad.

My low compression 365 xt didn’t get here yet I priced a Husqvarna OEM piston kit for it, $150 isn’t to bad.
Lots and lots of good used OEM XT top ends out there for real cheap Bill. It seems like every guy I talk to has one or five. I have two myself. Transfer covers ground too, so they're 372s now.

Try testing the 3/8” dr battery impact drivers. Two Chinese drivers died, my porter cable is still running like new. My fault for being cheap.
I'm not saying that the Chinese Porter Cable router is no good. It works just as well as my USA made one. I'm just saying that you can tell a difference. The plastic housing is a little different material and the aluminum base looks better on the USA one. Smoother, better fit and finish.

I just noticed my 181se has a “c” size cylinder. That’s a dealer item only. The piston and cylinder looks great. It has plenty of compression and won’t need anything. I’m not touching it, once it’s fired up, into storage it goes. She’s a looker and a keeper.

Lots and lots of good used OEM XT top ends out there for real cheap Bill. It seems like every guy I talk to has one or five. I have two myself. Transfer covers ground too, so they're 372s now.

With the 365xt if the cylinder looks good than a oem new piston will fix it.
We’re going to run this saw.

Back