Favorite Saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Old school for me would be the poulan 306a and 245a. New school is the MS460 and the MS270.:chainsaw:

All rite, I hear ya...I just bought a new ms 270..only put a few tanks of fuel through it.....i have been cutting oak and ash...I love it, so that's my fav. DW:chainsaw:

Depends on size of wood...but 372 or 346.

I wanted to say that, but it wouldn't be quite true - but this year (bad one) the 361 was left alone, had some Huskys to break in......

My foot is due for surgery nov 11th - hopefully that will help, but from what I have been told, there may be need for another round......:censored:

Last edited:
I wanted to say that, but it wouldn't be quite true - but this year (bad one) the 361 was left alone, had some Huskys to break in......

My foot is due for surgery nov 11th - hopefully that will help, but from what I have been told, there may be need for another round......:censored:

Best of wishes for the surgery and a full recovery. I had a rotator cuff repaired recently, and it was in pretty bad shape. But I must say, the surgery, and the recovery, were not as bad as I had anticipated. Some things do get better.

You better be real nice to Witchy or I'll have her drive over your foot with the car for good measures.......:) :)

Only Yellow here

arockyway2go
Probably the one of 700's or either of the 125's,well maybe the 110 with 10 in bar,the 3516,1635 are both kinda handy come to think of it,although the timberbear and the 610 run good. Oh yeh and the 10/10 is a pretty good all around saw also.I guess i love them all but my fav is probably the sp125c with 3ft bar and 404 pitch square ground skip tooth chain.Jam the dogs in and start pulling,the engine doesn't even change pitch:love1:

There is nothing quite like the sound of a big stroke mac chewing away at a piece of hardwood. But boy do the 125's sound good when you dig the dogs in and pull the trigger,no other saw even comes close the sound. Come to think of it my macs draw a bigger crowd when i fire them up then my buddies 084,088,044.Amazing how many people have good taste isn't it.LOL:)
I like the sound of my 1-85.

I like the guts of the 125's.

I like to cut with the 036 if it's going to be a long day.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Mark

As always my fav saws are my 044`s and MS440`s, all ported,lowered squish and muffler modded of course but my 046 is startin to catch up, just a little more work inside the jug and then maybe but not not quite yet.
Pioneerguy600

All rite, I hear ya...I just bought a new ms 270..only put a few tanks of fuel through it.....i have been cutting oak and ash...I love it, so that's my fav. DW:chainsaw:

Open that muffler up and richen up the carb and you will be amazed like I was . Completely different saw with more power and sounds great!:chainsaw: :clap:

As a guy with just two saws, I would have to say my favorite is the 2171. All-purpose, all smiles, all the time.

On the other hand, the 2153 is also my favorite in smaller wood.

So there you have it:

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
I'm schizophrenic,
And so am I.

What is everybodies favorite saw in their lineup and why. Just curious.

My Mac Super Pro 60......circa 1975 vintage:D

It's still my go-to saw..........

And yes, I own some of those Swedish-German plastic saws--including the vaunted Stihl 440........(and it is a nice saw--I just like the Mac better)

Casey

Last edited:
My Stihl MS360 Pro, one because I woods ported it and it runs great, second it is light and suits every need I have had, third it has never let me down! Thats what makes it my favorite saw right now.

My stihl 044. It has never let me down and has cut everything I have asked it to. Even some barbwire and nails. I still get goose bumps when I run it.

Chris

Latest posts

Back