favorite saws for felling hardwoods

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan Willock

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
whats everyones favorite saw for felling hardwoods in the 30" plus catagory???
let the argument begin!!

Ryan,

There's nothing wrong with the Husky saw's I'm actually starting to like them,considering I have always been a Stihl man but I like them both....

Later Rob.....

Rob, i've been looking at the 346xp but just can't bring myself to buy it. mainly because there isn't a husky dealer near me unless you want to count lowes.

d@mnit rob, you just about caused me to buy one with that link, don't do that to me again, it was almost more than i could bare!!!!!lol.:D

FWIW, While there is something to be said for buying from a servicing dealer in my experience it does't turn out to be that big of a deal. All my saw mechanics have been ready, willing, and able to service all brands. The debate will rage forever about who makes the best saws -(even after Electrlux owns everybody:rolleyes: ) but Husqvarna is always high on the "best" list. I love my Huskies-and you have to admire a company that has stayed in business for over 300 years!

Stumper,

:D Amen :D

Ryan,

Do you think those are good prices or what...I think I might be ordering a 346XP for myself....

Later Rob...

my local stihl dealer sells a 260 for $404.00 but i get a discount:D
stihl might go w/ the 346 just to try one out, they have the "crown commitment" so if i don't like it i can take it back. rob, do you notice if the air filtration in your 385 makes any differance???

Ryan,

I think the air filtration setup on the husky's are way better than the stihl saw's,I find that I have to clean my stihl filter's alot more often than I do the 385's filter,but I'll really let you know how I like it when I run it a little longer..I really do like the Husky's Air Injection.I know it's hard to try a husky when running stihl's for a long time but you won't be disappointed:D

Later Rob...

Back