favorite type of job

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2 660's? you dog you. i am just finally getting around to putting that 2100cd i bought back together. i went old school for my biggest saw yet. lol

i need a couple things for it but man when i fired that thing off i could just feel the wood thump'n the ground.

i'm looking forward to getting that thing into some stump wood.

are you going to woods port one of your 660's?

sorry about that 372. i hate hidden surprises.

Yes, the rumors are true, two double six O's. Ported would be nice, got a guy that'll do it for $250, dealer mechanic.

I walked on that saw he wanted $850 then $750, calls back and says $650 it's yours, I tell him 6hunge, done deal.

That stupid rock got me like 4 times, I though it was maybe a wire that I got through, so I'd try again, but turns out I was trying to push the only rock (golf ball size) in the tree through the cut, what are the odds???????????

I modded my Cali edition 338 muffler myself...Gonna do my 372 to. I wanna do the double pipes comin outta it, but I think I'm gonna go lazy and just cut the middle, screen it, weld it and put it back together....$250 sounds crazy, what the hell is he gonna do?!?!?!, I could cut a hole in it and put it back together in an hour.

Moe, that's $250 to port the intake and exhaust ports, mill work and such, a muffler job is also involved. I do my own muffler mods.

On that 372, just drill a 5/8" hole through the strap and muffler, put a screen between the two and mount the strap back on. That's what I have and that thing shreds bigtime, it's crazy fast. Of course, turn your H-jet out an 1/8th turn or so and check for the 4 stroking sound and WOT, then check spark plug color by shutting it off in mid cut under load, capice!!!

send that thing out! for 250 you just got that saw for 850. just like that guy wanted to sell it for. only he wont know about that extra 250. lol

awesome.

That would be awesome indeed.

Hey, that 2100 you got sounds like a hoss. I don't know anything about them, they were before my time I guess. How do feel about it putting your double six O on the bench in the fourth quarter, lol? Tell me it aint so?

Big ones where I can use all the equipment- and I still need to climb. Those are the best for me right now, makes me feel good to see how far my little biz has come. Also the money is usually good on those ones too, lol. I would rather do takedowns with the bucket and tractor because thats good money and easy, however bucket jobs just dont do for the soul what the climbing jobs do, you dont feel that satisfication as if you had climbed all day. I like to know I can prune and I love the end product, I'm just so lazy about those jobs that they are no fun for me. I wuold rather use my skill and equipment to make time and go home and have a beer.... or two even perhaps, lol.
It has been a while since I have climbed all day my soul is sorta tired:monkey:
My climb jobs seem to have went through the roof and I rarely get the
job after bidding. It leaves some work for the young hungry crowd that
thinks five hundies a day is making money ohhhhhhhh verhead is great.
I think the last trimming job was a month before the hurricanes so it
seems removals are the b&b around here:cry:

That's why I really like the no-hauls. My saws are all top notch because they're cheap but when it comes to trucks and other big equipment I can't drop the bucks to buy the best so I run what I brung. No problem putting down the trees, hauling 'em off can sometimes prove taxing though.

Moe, that's $250 to port the intake and exhaust ports, mill work and such, a muffler job is also involved. I do my own muffler mods.

On that 372, just drill a 5/8" hole through the strap and muffler, put a screen between the two and mount the strap back on. That's what I have and that thing shreds bigtime, it's crazy fast. Of course, turn your H-jet out an 1/8th turn or so and check for the 4 stroking sound and WOT, then check spark plug color by shutting it off in mid cut under load, capice!!!

Send me a pic if you can how the 372 looks, just for curiousity if you can. Oh and I totally get what you mean now, with the milling and stuff, I read it wrong earlier.

I like a mix, if I get the same thing day in-day out it is too much like work.

Deadwooding big oaks in the winter is up at the top of the list, especially when it is a stand of them where you can transfer from tall tree to tall tree all day long.

Another is bombing out big tops, climb go feet up and blow out 30 ft tops, then drop the 60 ft spar whole.

Getting a nice easy 40 ft Norway maple to twitch twigs and fine prune the crown is a nice thing.

Today I took down a little ash, did a vista prune on a 60ft basswood (climb up, 5 cuts rap, down) then we dropped a bunch of pine at another site.

Crane jobs can be fun, but when you do to many of them it is like working a construction job :yawn:

Send me a pic if you can how the 372 looks, just for curiousity if you can. Oh and I totally get what you mean now, with the milling and stuff, I read it wrong earlier.

Moe, go into the chainsaw forum and search for "muffler mods" or "muffler mod pics", and look until your hearts content.

Pruned and cabled 2 huge river birch today. Fun work, paid well, no sound of chainsaw or chipper.

The one's that we are making 300 yds. of chips per hr. sun up to sun down for 20 or 30 days straight :greenchainsaw:
attachment.php

Last edited:
Deadwooding big oaks in the winter is up at the top of the list, especially when it is a stand of them where you can transfer from tall tree to tall tree all day long.

I see dead wooding big oaks is a hit. And I thought I was doing grunt work.

The city is a good place to lose your head amongst millions of people which I love. But there's nothing like a getting into a tall oak to be in your head and away from the people. Dropping the branches down is the bonus but picking them up sucks. Then there is the money. :clap:

Latest posts

Back