Felling Technique - Need tips

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel I must strenuously object to the disparaging tone of your last interjection Mr. Gyro Logger!
Here on the western coast of the northern hemisphere some of the most productive wood fibre harvest technicians are in point of fact also the most arboriculturally cognizant.
On Vancouver Island in particular such a heterodoxical inclination would be categorically counterproductive as such a vociferous volley of voluminous vitriolic vituperative would alienate any agile and adaptable Arborist.
Further to this I would suggest that an Arborist is simply a logger who whilst holding his chainsaw has at least one pinky finger in the air.:D

Desist your objurgation, here is the obligatory image of obfuscation.:D

Hi Keener, nice picture, looks like Knopper the Topper, the King of all the Choppers.
Doug, scroll up to the jpeg, California Girl. It's Oakley Annie.
John

I watched a guy once who didnt want to pay to cut his 80ft cottenwoods.... he had a couple guys helping ... using a comealong and and chain. It worked for a couple . I was praying he wouldnt get killed... the thing turned on the base and landed right on his house... you could hear the rafters break.... he said oh its ok ... no damage really... right....

ok abbershay....you are going to have to quit using so many periods....that is my trademark...pretty soon they (the members...hehe...members...) will start thinking we are the same person...and we don't want that...

Wicked pics of some good ole BC timber Keener!!

good pics for him to be in. not me tho.:)
dang was that tree tied off . iknow u know what u doin. so i musta missedum
rite.... or dont know something mabe..he could probably do that hundreds o times.
it wouldnt do for me to try it,, tho.

felling

Ropes to bring the tree over if you are not experienced using wedges. When you use ropes make sure they are long enough that anyone working the rope is clear of the landing zone and tie into the tree up high. The use of wedges is long learning curve and requires more practice to get it right.

Keener,

You da man!! But how about a video of ya dancin' an Irish jig up there!!

Two small obstacles to the jig idea RB, first I have no video cam and second it is hard to dance when your sphincter is in full pucker.
It is amazing just how much a stick like that will start to oscillate just from your movements when trying to maintain your balance.
It would have been better if I had cut conventional and not humbolt as I only had half the top flat to stand on.:eek:

Forgot the picture.
Tony, not to worry I used a rope and a wedge or two on this one.

Latest posts

Back