Female Climbers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dan, She got a Jonsered-That means Red and Black-the most handsome color scheme extant for chainsaws.

Dark, My point is that ,while some jobs may require a big saw in the tree, most do not. I have never taken anything Bigger than a Husky 268 into the tree that I can recall. Of course when we get into the 4 CID class saws and up they are all hefty saws and they all can pull big bars. I don't think I have ever used more than a 24" bar aloft either. I know that there are trees and situations where longer bars would be needed but they haven't been a factor in my practice of the trade.

rbtree said:
stephen, you mean like my high compression older 066.?....That puppy is hard to start, on the ground...

At least the 3120 has a compression release...it is not that easy to handle aloft, with its 42 inch bar.....for this little squirt.... I've had to use it in a tree just a few times...

It's the rare tree where I need either till I hit the ground; the PS 7900 by Dan Henry with 32 bar is usually the ticket.

thats the one rb. and i believe theres an 076 or an 078 is it?
i tried to start one of those once in the wet and gave up, the thing was so dammhard to pull and my hand kept slipping off the wet pull start handle

I can think of plenty of uses for a 120 pound female climber.

Sometimes agility and finesse "outweigh" brute strength. ;)

As I tell the young ladies who have gone through my program, times have changed. We routinely used Super 66 Homelite with 36" bar in big elms in Youngstown in the 60's. I was a 120 pound giant at that time myself. Now the saws weigh half as much and the compression release and solid state ignition makes the starting a matter of being able to pull a rope 6 inches if your groundie has warmed it up for you before sending it up. As to weight in the tree, a large saw requires a separate line according to ANSI, so the groundie can hold it up solid against the pulley or crotch while you start it, virtually eliminating kick. Times have changed. I do not want to go back myself.

that would be a good one the groundie holding the weight of a big saw while you make a deep cut with a 32 inch bar haha har har... ansi have any of those admins ever climbed anything really big ... how bout huge crane removal .... what do you think rbtree? or master ... i say there is a time and a place for a big freaking saw in a tree... for example when there is no crane or bucket acess and the situation is reallt tight houses on all sides and so you have to cut frisbees ..... ? and or choke huge wood .... common .... it is true compression release makes it eaiser to crank ... but most climbers will haul up a big saw so they "can get er done "

NE. TREE dude that is some of the worst geettarr playin i ever heard .... you and me could rock ...... we should hit a tune or 2 sometime i ve always wanted to play with some one as bad as me .......yo dark

darkstar said:
NE. TREE dude that is some of the worst geettarr playin i ever heard .... you and me could rock ...... we should hit a tune or 2 sometime i ve always wanted to play with some one as bad as me .......yo dark

ROFLMAO!

Not bad for one-handed, tho!

Well, sorta... had my left hand nearly cut off in an accident a long time ago.

We have a part-time female climber. Her father is an excellant climber. Will hire her after she graduates from college.

Great climbing skills, attention to detail and efficient.

ne tree what happened ? kudos to you for playing ... the left hand action is hard ... hey have you tried / played the dulcimer ? its awesome would be good for you as the left or rt can be changed ....
did u have a saw acccident ? i nearly cut my leg off once in A TREE doc said i d never walk again correctly ...yeah rt. it did take along time though .... dark

diltree said:
John Sanborn...There are many that believe your comments about gays are equally offensive.

I'm gone for one day and the trolls come out from under the rocks

How bought this, there is a big, hairy, gay bodybuilder on the crew who keeps yelling how he digs your butt.
Actually that was an anecdote from vicariouse experiance. While in the USMC I was at a party and a man of that description, with more then a little spirits in him started hitting on my buddy.

My use of the anecdote was to put into perspective how a stright guy would feel getting harrased by a person he would have no interest in whatso ever.

While I am hetrocentricly chauvenistic, and am uncomfortable in "that" crowd", I do believe that "all men are created equal". And women too, know one should be allowed to make a fellow employee uncomfortable.

Maybe next time you should ask people to elaborate on their post instead of jumping to conclusions.

Oh and the first paragraph is because so many people were making disparaging remarks about female climbers.

John

Thank you for your explanation, I am also of the belief that all men and women are created equally and deserve equal rights, in all aspects of life including the work place. I didn't mean to jump to any conclusions, I just wanted to stress universal tolerance of, culture, gender, and sexuality, is the only way to treat others. In retrospect, maybe it was I, who should have elaborated in detail when Posting. You seem like a good guy John. Sorry, if i jumped to any conclusions with my post.

I am 48. I still climb once a week or so. I am no great technical climber. I go up drop tops- set ropes or limb them up. I am too beat for big pruning jobs. Years ago we had a crane and I did took apart some good sized trees. Those days are past but I still enjoy doing easy trees.

That's great good on you, at 48 you've got a few years left yet.:)

If we can track down some of these guys you'll get a beer and a hat.:laugh:

Latest posts

Back