Finally getting to my LT10

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gemniii

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
In another thread:

I also hope to get my shops to the state of Timberframed's.

Right now they are terrible.

<snip>
And the poor RV workshop needs to be filled.
attachment.php

But I'm sure I'll get them filled up so I'll have to clean them out. :)

Well I got some stuff into my RV shed,

attachment.php
, the little diesel dually 350 helped.

Now I hope to get to my main "thing"
attachment.php

My LT10 for another workshop.

I ordered it in August, it cam as a Christmas present (basically) now I'm about to open it.

Any pointers from other LT10 owners?

good timbers to mount it on,mine is still on 3 stacked 2x4s kinda rickity. and did you order an extra log clamp? anything over 8 ft. you need 2. havn't ran mine since thanksgiving,this is tree planting season 7 days a week till march,but i have gathered up 7 nice cedar logs while planting and have 5 pines on the ground limbed and ready to be bucked and 3 pine logs sitting at mill waiting.one thing for sure i won't have time to get in any trouble lol.carefull what you wish for.

Pretend you are four years old and love to Lego, and its Christmas morning, tear into that wrap and get building!

I thought you got it delivered in Novemeber as an early christmas present........if so i would have made my first cut on the Christmas turkey!

You are going to luv it once you get going.

What's the rush for ???? :poke:

Better late than never as they say! :cheers:

I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

I'll be watching to see how you mobilize your setup. I've been pondering building a section of sawmill bed for my carriage on a trailer. If I was to design it correctly, I might be able to use it along with my current sawmill bed and extend it. My current bed is very heavy though, and I would like to have something lighter for portability. I need a few more feet, Would love the ability to cut 40' logs. Most stuff is fine with my current bed, just that for long beams and/or house logs, longer is always better.:msp_wink:

good timbers to mount it on<snip>
I plan on starting on a concrete floor in what will be my saw/tractor shed.
attachment.php

That's the one in the middle (behind SWMBO). Then my first project is timbers to rest it on.

I thought you got it delivered in Novemeber as an early christmas present........if so i would have made my first cut on the Christmas turkey!<snip>
It was FINALLY delivered on December 7th, a Day to Remember.
I just got back down to Ms. to get it moved and hopefully set up.

I'll be watching to see how you mobilize your setup. I've been pondering building a section of sawmill bed for my carriage on a trailer.

My plans, before I bought my sheds/workshops, were to mount the head on a pallet so I could move it with my tractor.
attachment.php

, similar to the way Woodmizer depicts it for storage.

This may change since I now have a TON of space.

Warning! Having excess space and a wife does not last long. The two can not co-exist together.
Rick

Warning! Having excess space and a wife does not last long. The two can not co-exist together.
Rick
That's why I collect large (unbeknownst to her) empty boxes, like air compressor, television, etc. I used to keep my work table piled with empty equipment boxes. This subterfuge has lasted for 30 years.

Latest posts

Back