Finally got my new saw!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stupid question, but Is it bad for anything to leave the chainbreak on when u put your saw away? That's how it fits in the case I got for it. The top of the storage case clears the brake handle when the handle is foward and the break is engaged.

There is no problem setting the chain brake and it is actually releasing the brake apply spring so it is taking the strain off of it, other wise the spring would be stretched the whole time your not using it.

That thread is about crank bearings, which is a different topic that the clutch bearing discussed here. ;)
Troll, maybe you could tell me where i could find the service bulletin i have been hearing about pertaining to the crank bearings. My saw says 2013 on the sticker and i want to check what year and serial number they made the switch to the steel cage bearings from the plastic cage ones. I heard it was the early x-torq models 2010-2012 but i want to make sure.

Troll, maybe you could tell me where i could find the service bulletin i have been hearing about pertaining to the crank bearings. My saw says 2013 on the sticker and i want to check what year and serial number they made the switch to the steel cage bearings from the plastic cage ones. I heard it was the early x-torq models 2010-2012 but i want to make sure.

Sorry, I don't have that information. The crank bearing issues I have heard of was much earlier than that, back in the mid 1990s, when the 371xp was a new model. However, I do of course not know everything....

I lube the clutch bearing with 2 stroke oil from a pump can. I use the same can during engine assembly and a few squirts extra in the tank during break-in. I always felt grease was a bit too viscous for clutch bearing

Sorry, I don't have that information. The crank bearing issues I have heard of was much earlier than that, back in the mid 1990s, when the 371xp was a new model. However, I do of course not know everything....
Well the word on here seems to be that you are the Guy to ask for all things Husqvarna! haha. Thanks though. I think i am just being paranoid. I havent even used the new saw yet untill i get a tach and set the high speed to 12,800.

I lube the clutch bearing with 2 stroke oil from a pump can. I use the same can during engine assembly and a few squirts extra in the tank during break-in. I always felt grease was a bit too viscous for clutch bearing
That not a bad idea! Thanks!

I surely ain't an expert, nor do I (yet?) own a 372, but I thought break springs worked the other way around?o_O
Check the video series out on the other thread we were talking about. part 3 shows the disassembly of the brake and u can see how it is under less compression with the brake engaged. I just looked at that!

Well the word on here seems to be that you are the Guy to ask for all things Husqvarna! haha. Thanks though. I think i am just being paranoid. I havent even used the new saw yet untill i get a tach and set the high speed to 12,800.

There are other people here that know much more than I do about technical details and repairs.

A tach is a good help to know you are in the ballpark - but don't forget to check that the saw "four-strokes" at WOT out of wood, but not when in wood.

Use your new saw and be happy - don't worry too much, that saw is a very mature and well reputed design.

I seen your video:

Congrats on NEW saw. I've been lucky buying used saws.

I have a new one I bought back in 1976 and it still running strong. One carb kit.

You may know this. I noticed you are on and around concrete or hard surfaces.
I don't ever set my saw down with them running on hard surface such as concrete or asphalt. :chainsaw::buttkick:

There are other people here that know much more than I do about technical details and repairs.

A tach is a good help to know you are in the ballpark - but don't forget to check that the saw "four-strokes" at WOT out of wood, but not when in wood.

Use your new saw and be happy - don't worry too much, that saw is a very mature and well reputed design.
Yea your right! im just paranoid since i have never spent this much on a saw, or had a nice brand new one. haha. .

I seen your video:

Congrats on NEW saw. I've been lucky buying used saws.

I have a new one I bought back in 1976 and it still running strong. One carb kit.

You may know this. I noticed you are on and around concrete or hard surfaces.
I don't ever set my saw down with them running on hard surface such as concrete or asphalt. :chainsaw::buttkick:
Oh i would never do that! i totally agree with you. i dont set it down on asphalt or concrete at all. After the camera stopped i set it down on my table which has a carpet covering it.

Have any of you ever used the canned fuel that husky now has out?? I got it for the extended warranty and it seems to put off a decent amount of smoke.

Back