finally got out in the woods!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stonykill

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
cut a little firewood today

It is a decent 30 degree day, gonna rain later, so I figured I would go in the woods and cut some deadfalls. Ok, so it was an excuse to play with my 2 favorite tractors and my favorite firewood saw.

Tools of the day: 75 MTD 990 16 hp hydro
early 70's (I believe its early 70's) Jake GT 12 K301
1974 Pioneer P40 chainsaw 66cc's
Homemade trailer early ford axle, no springs, axle welded to channel stock. Wood decking
1 logging chain

A pic of the tools of the day:
IMGP05391.jpg

the logging "road"
IMGP05421.jpg

loaded, ready to go home
IMGP05511.jpg

All in all a great way to spend less a little time in the woods, using my favorite stuff. Life is good!

Last edited:
Good day for sure !!

stonykill - Nice setup, I really like the trailer, looks solid as a rock! I bet those chains came in handy with that load on the trailer, hope you got out OK.

Agree 100%, any day out working wood with the tools you love, is a good day !!!

stonykill - Nice setup, I really like the trailer, looks solid as a rock! I bet those chains came in handy with that load on the trailer, hope you got out OK.

Agree 100%, any day out working wood with the tools you love, is a good day !!!

I didn't spin a tire going into the woods or coming out with the MTD/ Agway. That thing is amazingly heavy, and gets incredible traction with turfs and chains.The low range is LOW, real LOW. The Jake spun some draggin the logs out into the open to cut them up, but thats a lot lighter, and not geared as low.

That trailer is great. I have a few others, but this one without springs, is pretty darn handy.

Its raining now, some sleet, so I'm glad I got out when I did.

Had some fun did ya?, I have a similiar setup, very handy to be able to hit the woods with a spare hour or two and be able to have a full trailer.:clap: :clap:

Had some fun did ya?, I have a similiar setup, very handy to be able to hit the woods with a spare hour or two and be able to have a full trailer.:clap: :clap:

Yeah, I had fun. I needed a little woods time. Might just sneak out for an hour or 2 again today. I'm just about done working for the day. Glue drying, can't rush that. Might cut a little more wood for next year!

yet another nice day!

IMGP05551.jpg

another beautiful day in upstate NY. 2 hours in the woods, including the time my old man b.s.ed with me. He could not believe the MTD could haul this load in the snow in the woods. Or at all for that matter!

I love it Stonykill, exactly what I was doing today, but I'll start my own thread with pics.
We're all getting the itch as winter dies out and the snow pac melts away.

Back