Fired up the big boiler this morning

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodman6666

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Was gonna do it sooner but after 11 years the fan on the door, to feed it air didnt want to get going it was pretty gummed up, so I ordered a new one from Grainger switched it out. And now we are ready to roll!
boilerstart.jpg

HOLY AUSCHWITZ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know it gets cold up north but just what are you heating?

That thing is so big it will suck the paint off your house and give your whole family a blow job :msp_thumbup:

Did you park your BobCat in there for the summer..
Incredible, More Pics please..

Most of the guys on here have seen this already I dont want to bore them. Just took a quick pic before lighting.

Isn't that a bale burner ? will accept an entire round bale. After this summer it's probably cheaper burning 1/3 cord at a time. Even cheap hay here is bringing premium prices.

Keeping the wood cut and boiler filled looks like it might be a PT job.

Isn't that a bale burner ? will accept an entire round bale. After this summer it's probably cheaper burning 1/3 cord at a time. Even cheap hay here is bringing premium prices.

Keeping the wood cut and boiler filled looks like it might be a PT job.

No bale burner here I built this one 11 years ago and have built 3 more since. I can put 2 round bales in it if I like but rarely do. As far as it being a part time job, I fill it on average of 12 times a winter with wood, all loaded with a skid loader and cutting a log off at 10ft and picking it up with a skid has never been to strenous for me I guess. The firebox is
10ft deep and 8ft round. 3400 gallon water capacity

Last edited:
Back