Firewood Sheds

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Harry, good luck teaching the Amish anything new. Sure they use cell phones and Blackberrys and drive vans but they are resistant to change. PS< I've never seen a firewood cop around these parts. We're pretty laid back around here, there is enough guys selling wood that if you short someone or rip someone off you are going to be out of the business pretty quick. Maybe around the cities there might be a problem but not here. They look at the firewood bundles infront of gas stations and compare the prices I'll bet but on any volume of wood there isn't an issue.

The point I tried to make was that thee is a good, well known, legal and fully understandable term. We are in a fairly professional forum. The standard term _should be used_ and thus cut down on "how much wood did you say?". Use what you like when wheeling/dealing/talking to the locals but use clear, well known measures outside of that venue.

Harry K

I used to keep my fire wood in the pole barn. but the barn filled up with a antique car, farm tractors, lawn tractors, working lawn tractors, ATV and bee keeping equipment so there just isn't room any longer. Last fall it looked like this out side the walk out. I do keep a couple weeks worth stacked in the furnace room.
ry%3D400

:D Al

That looks like the rear end of a "doodle bug" hooked to the trailer. Got a pic of it?

Harry K

1954 Massey Harris Pacer. 16Hp powered a L head contintial 4cyl. engine, 3 F speed 1 revearse trans. Wears 10x20 semi skins most of the summer when doing yard work.

trailerofwood.jpg

12-25-03PacerPlowing.jpg

:D Al

Bought mine for 50.00 and moved it from our family Christmas tree farm 3/4 mile around the block. Started loading it this weekend, gonna be soooo much better than snow covered tarps and wet wood this winter!!

You must have a problem with wood escaping? $50... I think you deserve a "you suck."

248095d1344624951-wood-shed-003-jpg

I'm thinking he's got more wood that he's showing us.

I do, I do,,,,,2 cords stacked down by the back door, Had to move it out of the way, it was on the trailer, why move it again. As for the the gate, had wood stacked against it, decided to leave it there, closes the front off a little. Going to start filling it next weekend, lots of ash to come down:msp_biggrin:

more building!
tightening lag bolts
attachment.php

lag bolts tight and flush
attachment.php

beam before lags are tightened (just screwed in)
attachment.php

beam after lags are tightened
attachment.php

frame + plywood
attachment.php

Just curious about what kind of $$ you guys are paying fornew metal roofing/siding?

Around me the 5 rib exposed fastener is about $100 per square. That's for the good stuff. You can get closer to $75 if you get the cheaper finish.

i wish i could find cheap metal roofing. i love the way a tin roof sounds, but i'm going to be putting up shingles on mine. the metal roof alone isn't super expensive, but the rubber washer screws, the special drip edge, etc really added up to be more than i wanted to spend on a roof i won't see except from the very back of my yard...

i wish i could find cheap metal roofing. i love the way a tin roof sounds, but i'm going to be putting up shingles on mine. the metal roof alone isn't super expensive, but the rubber washer screws, the special drip edge, etc really added up to be more than i wanted to spend on a roof i won't see except from the very back of my yard...

truth is, no metal roofing is cheap, my research says metal vs. shingles/paper/OSB or plywood around the same cost per square.

I'm thinking he's got more wood that he's showing us.

I do, I do,,,,,2 cords stacked down by the back door, Had to move it out of the way, it was on the trailer, why move it again. As for the the gate, had wood stacked against it, decided to leave it there, closes the front off a little. Going to start filling it next weekend, lots of ash to come down:msp_biggrin:

Man, you're killing my joke. I was talking about the gate in front... as in you need the gate to keep wood from escaping...

Tough crowd.

Latest posts

Back