Firewood Sheds

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That outta keep you warm for a few days. ;o)

I hope so,lol,something tells me that we are going to have a bad winter,havent had one here since 09,got another 3 cords stacked up the fence line on the upper side of the wood shed.

I hope so,lol,something tells me that we are going to have a bad winter,havent had one here since 09.

I can believe that. We got 3" last winter here in middle America. Highly unusual. I have this gut feeling
we're gonna get hammered. Bring it on. We're ready.

Mac88,we havent had the ground to freeze good since 09,i hope it does this winter and kill off some of these bugs here in the mid-atlantic,if it does im gonna hunker down next to this grandma bear and commence to feeding her some good ole oak,lol.View attachment 248599

Mac88,we havent had the ground to freeze good since 09,i hope it does this winter and kill off some of these bugs here in the mid-atlantic,if it does im gonna hunker down next to this grandma bear and commence to feeding her some good ole oak,lol.View attachment 248599

We haven't had many bugs. I think the heat has kept them down. I've only found half a dozen tomato worms
this year. Not many skeeters. Heck, when the bats fly through around dusk even they don't stay long.

Nice looking setup you have there. Ours is in the kitchen, but right under a return air duct. We just turn on
the circulating fan to heat the whole house.

I'm still dreaming of a wood shed, embarrassed to show my stacks with old tin roofing on top held down with cinder blocks. Dry wood is dry wood.

I'm still dreaming of a wood shed, embarrassed to show my stacks with old tin roofing on top held down with cinder blocks. Dry wood is dry wood.

You don't have to be embarrassed. Last I checked, this wasn't a competition. Whatever keeps it dry, that's what counts.

You don't have to be embarrassed. Last I checked, this wasn't a competition. Whatever keeps it dry, that's what counts.

Its not a competition? I thought he who had the most wood wins. He who has the most chainsaws comes in 2nd. he who has wood, chainsaws, and that are purdy comes in 3rd. (wood and chainsaw that is)

Its not a competition? I thought he who had the most wood wins. He who has the most chainsaws comes in 2nd. he who has wood, chainsaws, and that are purdy comes in 3rd. (wood and chainsaw that is)

The guys in the chainsaw forum might dispute those rankings.

Here is our woodshed.

The shed is full of wood right now. I have no idea how many cords that shed will hold. What do you guys think? Since we just burn wood for ourselves, I have never tried to figure it up. We cut our pieces 20" long and are able to get 5 full stacks in there with a row left open in the middle.

Last edited:
I can believe that. We got 3" last winter here in middle America. Highly unusual. I have this gut feeling
we're gonna get hammered. Bring it on. We're ready.

Middle America ??? I think you have dementia. Per your Loc., you are "Just south of BFE". :msp_confused:

The guys in the chainsaw forum might dispute those rankings.

Yeah, but what do they know? Half of em spend all day waxing their saws, some of em likely don't even know which end of a match is the business end. :poke:

As for me, if I ever get to a couple acres covered in pretty stacks, a big shed full, and a couple hundred old yellow, red, and green saws that all run like they should, I'll settle for an honorable mention.

Yeah, but what do they know? Half of em spend all day waxing their saws, some of em likely don't even know which end of a match is the business end. :poke:

As for me, if I ever get to a couple acres covered in pretty stacks, a big shed full, and a couple hundred old yellow, red, and green saws that all run like they should, I'll settle for an honorable mention.

Hey now... Some of us saw nutz actually use our tools to provide ~50 or so cord a year for ourselves, our family members, and a random customer here and there...
And yes, I am guilty of polishing a saw or two...:msp_sneaky:
Especially the guts...:msp_wink:

About $2.35/ linear ft. in white a couple weeks ago.

If I do build a wood shed it will be with free materials, right now all my steel roofing covering my wood I got free. If I want to spend lots of $$ on a wood shed it is defeating the purpose of burning wood and being a cheap bastard. :)

Pretty was not in my criteria,not dealing with snow covered, wet tarps and weighting them down to keep the wind from shredding them was waaaaaay more important. Also, ease of stacking, and keeping my ready wood and my green wood in order without handleing it too many times.:msp_biggrin:

Also, ease of stacking, and keeping my ready wood and my green wood in order without handleing it too many times.:msp_biggrin:

Is it even possible to handle your wood "too many times" ? :msp_tongue:

Back