Firewood Sheds

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That'll do a great job for ya...

248827d1345146239-wood-shed-003-jpg

How many of those "different standards" are actually recognized in a regulation? Here there are also a lot of 'different standards' - none of them meeting legal requirements. The use of the Cord avoids all the "how much is a bush cord". Cord here (and I believe in Canada) _is_ the industry standard and should be used.

I realize I am also beating a dead horse but will continue pointing out how rediculouis it is to use those odd measures.

Harry K

It's not really ridiculous to those that use it to facilitate scamming. Most all the general public has no clear idea how much a cord is, never mind all these curve balls. If they think they're in on something, maybe getting ripped off doesn't hurt much.

Many states explicitly forbid any unit of measure than the cord, and require load measurements on bill of sale. D'ya think the gypsies triggered that?

ill get in on this

so i just bought the house last year and after a year of remodeling we finally got a chance to move in a couple of months ago. i felt it necessary to cover the wood well to keep the chimney as clean as possible. a buddy of mine helped me to design it. i also observed the pole building i work in and an addition at my grandmother in laws and came up wiht this. it is 16x24' with a sloping yard of 8ft to 10 ft of head clearance. i will post more pics as it progresses. i must thank my neighbor and my uncle who burried the posts and help me set the header boards. i am already $600 into it and i still need more lumber. i was able to get the sheet for the roof and sides from the roof we just replaced at work that spurred this idea. thnak you for the sheet Mr. Fish. i am hoping to have a years worth in one side and the other side for outdoor storage. truck tracto trailer who knows? i cannot wait to get it finished then on to more projects before winter hits and hopefully i get to relax this winter. that is also the wood hussling crew. my daughter hiding in the pillows is 9 days old. i figure she will be ready to run the splitter by spring;) View attachment 249098View attachment 249099View attachment 249100View attachment 249101View attachment 249102

Cal_jrp, looks like you're off to a good start. More pics as it progresses please.

If I do build a wood shed it will be with free materials, right now all my steel roofing covering my wood I got free. If I want to spend lots of $$ on a wood shed it is defeating the purpose of burning wood and being a cheap bastard. :)

I couldn't agree with you more! :msp_thumbsup:

View attachment 249216

I built this one with the roof from my back porch (saved from when I built my new deck), timbers from an old torn down barn and sawmill slabs, I think that I spent under a hundred bucks on it in nails, lags and the two pressure treated skates. Its 10 x 12 but "movable" so no taxes :laugh:

Especially using 6 x 6 x 12' posts at $35 a crack, the metal roofing, if I buy new, will be big $$ for a 36 x 24 shed.

Latest posts

Back