First fire?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coldfront

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Well not really, I have built a fire in the wood stove every month so far this year. Had a fire the other night, got down to 35*f here last night. One cold spring and summer here in nw WI. We had no spring and about 3 weeks of summer.

It's been a pretty usual summer around here until a few weeks ago.

Definitely cooler now staying in the low-mid 70's. Think it was 48 last week one morning but most of the time its in the 50's still.

We won't be lighting a fire for quite some time though.

Wouldn't mind a cold fall though. Makes for better football weather and great firewood sales.

Low of 45 for tonight, thought about it. This has been a "fatman approved" summer except for one week in july. 70's is alright by me:clap: Cut and hauled two loads of wood last weekend, plans to do more this weekend.:hmm3grin2orange:

With the exception of the third week of July in the 90's it's been a mild summer. The last weekend in July we had a high of 44 at the cabin.

Hoping the "mild" weather continues through next week. I'm on vacation and have a splitter reserved from Wednesday through Friday with about 12 cords to split. Hoping I can find a young gent to hire for assistance.

Mild summer= happy Andy! I dont like the heat. I have been burning all summer in my new last fall Portage and Maine outdoor boiler, just for heating the hot water. My propane tank was at 40% last summer and it is still at 40%. Sweet!!!:biggrin:

We are just now coming out of 90° temps. First fire here might be in Mid - October. I try to hold out till Thanksgiving but that doesn't always happen.

Well the highs have been 80's and 90's but the temp at night has been around 50. Some overcast days have not been too bad and have been thinking for about a week at finding some wood to cut. I usually always start starting fires at mid October just at night to take the chill off.

Coldfront, you must be up by the big lake. It's been cool at night here, but comfortable. No danger of me starting a fire in the stove till it cools down quite a bit more. I burned into June, but nothing in July, and August so far as well. Normally I can hold off till October to light up, but last year it was mid September.

Bonfire wood stacks are taking some abuse though. Nothing like a nice fire outside on a crisp cool night!

Back