First stinging on e-bay

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ax-man

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Looks like I am going to get my first good stinging on e-bay. I am going to file a complaint over the weekend for not recieving an item that I paid for.

As this is a first time. What happens in a case like this? Were talking under a hundred bucks. Am I out the money or does e-bay refund money. From what I have seen in browsing the compalint form before I fill it out it looks like they might have some kind of insurance to cover this kind of stuff. I would rather have the saw instead of the money.

I have been patient long enough. Sent e-mails to the guy or gal on the other end. No answers what so ever. No phone number. Waited patiently for the saw to arrive thinking the seller may have used the slowest way to ship a saw.

This is the funny thing. The guy was kind of new, 5 sales all positive. almost a 100% feedback. While waiting for the saw I notice his ratings slipping and the number of transactions going backwards. Now the seller has about 2 transactions and and a 66% rating. Many negatives and withdrawn comments from what I could tell. It was like watching the stock market take a tumble. I didn't think you could go that low ??? I am going to drive it down further after this weekend.

I know e-bay is a buyer beware thing but I have had good luck up until now. Had to happen sometime.

What is the prognosis?? Am I out the money or is there some hope I can maybe get the saw or a refund of some sort? What really ticks me off is as I was waiting on this clown I let two other similar items slip through my fingers for less money.

Last edited:
I was shafted on a KTM engine. The best ebay will do is suspend the seller. I don't know if they will help with legal action or not. The guy that burned me had a successful e store and didn't want to lose it so he refunded me. If he only had 5 or so sales you might be SKRUUD.

I used PayPal for this transaction. Which is a good thing. Forgot to mention that.

Larry

ebay

I bought a 621 Jred on ebay a while back. Thought that the same thing had happened to me. I sent paypal, and waited 2 weeks and sent email. Nothing. Sent another email, nothing. Then go an email saying that he had computer troubles and missed the paypal at first, but got it straightened out. He sent another 621 part saw as apology. Am going to fix the part saw because it had good pc and just needs some parts. Hope your situation turns out as good as mine did. Gave the guy great feedback. After all who among us has not had computer problems. Your situation sounds more dire unfortunately. JR

I posted awhile ago about a purchase that I thought might be a scam. It ended out turning out good, but I only felt like going through with the sale after I called the guy.

I saw the item double listed, so I contacted eBay and all they said they could do is wait for the seller to contact them. Don't expect much from eBay itself.

I figured I could stand the loss if I got burned. I am sure my number will come up, someday.

A couple months ago, the same thing happened to me. The guy had thousands of great feedback, but I never received what I purchased. The guy would not return any emails, and I had to file a claim with paypal in which it was no problem to get my money back. Turned out, they guy had been in the hospital with his wife who had cancer. I now understand why Ebay took a back seat. I didn't leave any feedback at all in that case. You can never tell what this guy has going on.

Deezle

I bought some antique vases 2 years ago $7,500 they never made it outa new york, paypal would not refund, luckily I only fund it through my credit card once I passed it over to them they got the money back for me and paypal account is no more. google checkout no problems so far

Interesting I just got refunded by paypal this morning on a complaint I had filed. I have had two Items that I never recieved and payed for. Both were through paypal. Both times paypal refunded me the money.

I've always wondered what would happen if a seller on ebay died whiile they had listings. Most likely other people would not know the account name or password, or even if they were selling. I guess you don't worry about it if your dead. But just think, the last thing you did on earth was ticked people off.

I've always wondered what would happen if a seller on ebay died whiile they had listings. Most likely other people would not know the account name or password, or even if they were selling. I guess you don't worry about it if your dead. But just think, the last thing you did on earth was ticked people off.

I think you think too much...

It is hard to get into heaven with negative feedback.................

Purgatory takes Paypal and/or Postal money orders though.................

I've had 2 Pay Pal refunds. I think they can only refund to you if the money is in the guys account. I have my Pay Pal attached to a credit card, and its easier to get refunded through them, especially if its from a business. Be prepared for bad feedback though.

Ticking off folks with your funeral procession, snarling traffic, makes me worry as well...........

So I want to be cremated and shot out of a potato gun.........

Back