Flu Shot

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shaun Bowler

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Who is getting one?
Who is offering it to their employes? Free.
If you are not, why not?:confused:

Get the shot, and definately get sick.

Don't get the shot, and maybe get sick.

I'll pass thanks. Do you know what's in those? Scary!

Never had a flu shot and not planning any in the future.

It's documented those shots are created a year in advance... in the hopes that's the dominant strain a year in the future.

I'm not planning on getting the flu. LOL!

If I start giving out flu shots, where does it stop? Besides, one easy night out at the bar more than covers the price of a flu shot, so spend one night at home not getting ****-faced.

StihlRockin'
icon10.gif

Will get my seasonal flu shot Wednesday. I get one every year. The H1N1 shots will be in within a month, or so I've been told. I'll get that one, too, unless I hear about terrible reactions to it over the next few weeks.

The flu shot is always from last year's flu. I would rather die than take one.

As an Emergency Medical Technician I try and make sure I'm up to date. I was wondering if you can get the "regular flu shot" and the N1H1 at the same time? Planning a leaf peaking trip to the New England States and would like to have both by Oct. 1st

Will get my seasonal flu shot Wednesday. I get one every year. The H1N1 shots will be in within a month, or so I've been told. I'll get that one, too, unless I hear about terrible reactions to it over the next few weeks.

Me and you both. I got my seasonal Friday.

i never get the shots,i never get the flu.

everyone i know that gets the shots,usually has the flu in a couple weeks.

i won't be volunteering or paying to get sick.

thanks for the offer though.it was real swell of ya!

everyone i know that gets the shots,usually has the flu in a couple weeks.

i won't be volunteering or paying to get sick.

thanks for the offer though.it was real swell of ya!

This person seems to be implying that a killed virus shot can give you the flu. If so, this person is absolutely wrong.

As an Emergency Medical Technician I try and make sure I'm up to date. I was wondering if you can get the "regular flu shot" and the N1H1 at the same time? Planning a leaf peaking trip to the New England States and would like to have both by Oct. 1st

I'm not sure H1N1 will be ready by then. I've heard about one month from now, and could be available with regular flu virus.

Anyone that gets sick after getting the flu shot was already infected and was going to get sick, anyway. It is exceptionally rare for someone to contract the flu from the shot, regardless of what people here say. Also, the flu shot in not "last years" flu, it is the anticipated flu for the upcoming year and consists of a few viruses (three, I think) that are common.

The company I work for is huge and they started giving out free shots to employees several years ago. Before they gave it out there was mass flu absenses in the winter months and now it is unbelievable how few of us get sick. It is a slam dunk for them to give out free shots to everyone in terms of productivity payback.

I'd much rather have a virus which my body will defend itself from naturally, than to pay someone to poison me with all the stuff they use to make the shot.

People really should inform themselves of what exactly they're paying to put into their bodies.

http://www.vaclib.org/basic/fluindex.htm

http://www.advancedhealthplan.com/bhflushots.html

If you're way under your yearly dosage of mercury and formaldehyde, go ahead and get the shot.......

Last edited:
The company I work for is huge and they started giving out free shots to employees several years ago. Before they gave it out there was mass flu absenses in the winter months and now it is unbelievable how few of us get sick. It is a slam dunk for them to give out free shots to everyone in terms of productivity payback.

The proof is in the pudding. Your post helps to show that it's a good idea to get a flu shot, every year. Those who see this poison or that one in each dose can phone in to the usual AM radio conspiracy shows and get their jollies while they nurse their flu symptoms as they shiver in bed with a barf bag by their side. Yeah, a real fun way to go.

I felt like crap for a few days. I know some people who get relay sick from it I'm usually fine. Weird year or something?

Only got it cause I got the flue last year and was out of commission for a week and a 1/2. That's a lot of time and money.

The proof is in the pudding. Your post helps to show that it's a good idea to get a flu shot, every year. Those who see this poison or that one in each dose can phone in to the usual AM radio conspiracy shows and get their jollies while they nurse their flu symptoms as they shiver in bed with a barf bag by their side. Yeah, a real fun way to go.

No, his post shows that it's financially beneficial for employers to make sure that their employees get their yearly dose of poison. Never mind the long term effects to YOUR body, you're on the clock making them money.

Flu vaccines are partly composed of carcinogens and heavy metals which potentially have exponentially worse effects than getting the flu for a few days.

You're welcome to let them shoot that crap into you as often as you like, but don't pretend that there are no consequences. Or even that it's beneficial for everyone.

Because there are. And it's not.

I have all ready gotten my yearly flu shot. I plan on getting one every year. My Mother is a cancer survivor and is still on limited chemo-therapy. She can not afford to get sick at all. I would hate to think that I caused her to be hospitalized for any reason. That is besides the point though. While we don't spend hours at a time with the customers, we do work with the public. No one gets sick faster than some one who deals with strangers except for maybe school children. I say better to be safe, than doing the technicolor yawn in the trash can half the winter.

Latest posts

Back