Flu Shot

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i am aware who i can trust and who i can't.

as for the FDA,how many things have they had to recall after they said it was perfectly safe?

if you think you can trust the government,you're off your rocker!

Every type of product available is at risk of a recall. You can't possibly do enough testing to know 100% there are no risks. All the car makers have had recalls, do you own a car? The fact that the FDA has recalled products after risks were uncovered tells me they're doing what I expect from them.

I trust the CDC, more importantly I trust my Dr and kids pediatrician. Both recommended we all get the shot.

Risk

This all comes down to risk evaluation. Shots have side effects - all drugs do. They occur in a very small percentage of those given the shot. More people die from the flu every year than are killed by the vaccine. In some cases, it does not make sense to be vaccinated against the flu. For others, they stand a much greater chance of having serious complications from the flu than from the shot. These people need to get the vaccine - whether you trust the government or not.

Back in 1976, these was swine flu and a vaccine. Some people receiving the vaccine got Guillen-Barre syndrome. It has never been proven that people got GB from the shot, but it is a possibility. Today's H1N1 vaccine is similar in manufacture to seasonal flu shots. There is no reason to expect that the H1N1 vaccine will be any worse than the normal flu shot. Because H1N1 affects a different demographic, it is important for people who do not usually get a flu shot to evaluate their need and their families needs, from a risk standpoint, not from a governmental fear standpoint.

Autism

There is no established link between autism and vaccinations. The rate of diagnosis of autism has increased over the last 50 years, coincident with the increase in vaccinations. However, the ability of doctors to diagnose autism has also increased over the last 50 years. It is very easy to argue, and logical, that the increase in the diagnosis of autism does not mean there are more occurances of it, only that more people are being diagnosed with it. I am not trying to argue one way or the other, as I, nor anyone else, has the answer.

And finally: Organic mercury and inorganic mercury do not have the same toxicity. FWIW, organic mercury metabolized from thermisal leaves the body faster than inorganic mercury.

Back in 1976, these was swine flu and a vaccine. Some people receiving the vaccine got Guillen-Barre syndrome. It has never been proven that people got GB from the shot, but it is a possibility. Today's H1N1 vaccine is similar in manufacture to seasonal flu shots. There is no reason to expect that the H1N1 vaccine will be any worse than the normal flu shot. Because H1N1 affects a different demographic, it is important for people who do not usually get a flu shot to evaluate their need and their families needs, from a risk standpoint, not from a governmental fear standpoint.

The big shots that were flown in to save my grandmother said that the flu shot triggers the reaction that is known as GB. So you can't catch it like you would catch a flu, some people will get it and most won't. Kind of like posion oak, only reversed.

Not really an arguement against the flu shot because overall they don't seem to hurt. But the claims that there is no link are simply false according to the doctors I spoke with. They had no trouble making the connection and even complained that it was not better recognized. Maybe they just wanted more funding for research, who knows, but they were at the top of their field and recognized experts on GB.

Mr. HE:cool:

Willing to take my chances on what ever type of flu strand that passes through.

So does anyone know how many different flu strands their are currently, that shot is probably for only one old strand (min. a year). Predicted one year in advance that it will be in your area.

The shot will be a strand from a previous year, injected in an animal, cultures harvested, and injected into my body with other additives (sweet). They say the cultures are dead so you will not experience the full blown symptoms, but you will have mild symptoms until your body produces antibodies, No thanks. To give you a couple of months of antibodies, it is not a permanent fix. A strand can morph at anytime, so how good is that shot.

You get a vac. for a theoretical strand produced in advance that will pass through the area. With international trade and travel, I am better off going and placing this months pay on Earnhardt to win the next race.

Good luck to you all this season.

Edited for mceetree :agree2:

Last edited:
Willing to take my chances on what ever type of flue strand that passes through.

So does anyone know how many different flew strands their are currently, that shot is probably for only one old strand (min. a year). Predicted one year in advance that it will be in your area.

The shot will be a strand from a previous year, injected in an animal, cultures harvested, and injected into my body with other additives (sweet). They say the cultures are dead so you will not experience the full blown symptoms, but you will have mild symptoms until your body produces antibodies, No thanks. To give you a couple of months of antibodies, it is not a permanent fix. A strand can morph at anytime, so how good is that shot.

You get a vac. for a theoretical strand produced in advance that will pass through the area. With international trade and travel, I am better off going and placing this months pay on Earnhardt to win the next race.

Good luck to you all this season.

I don't won't to catch the flue, the flew, or the flu.

Amen! It would be too ironic to take any health advice from a PRO-ABORT.

Agreed!

I hate to see my country in such bad hands shes nothing but a hatchet faced liar and tax cheat like most mobambwes people same old stuff try to scare us to sell us things that hurt us in return. jmho

Kansas

I haven't checked on the injectable vaccination, but the nasal vaccination is definitely a LIVE virus (usually referred to as "attenuated"). This vaccine is not being used on medical professionals that work in hospital wards that have immuno-suppressed patients so that they cannot infect the patients with the attenuated virus.

There is more than one vaccine guys!

You cannot pass the flu virus to someone as a result of you taking the flu shot. You come down with minor symptoms that engage your own immune system but you cannot pass the symptoms to someone else. Speak with your local health agent before condemning the shots and nasal mists.

You cannot pass the flu virus to someone as a result of you taking the flu shot. You come down with minor symptoms that engage your own immune system but you cannot pass the symptoms to someone else. Speak with your local health agent before condemning the shots and nasal mists.

pdqdl is correct on the nasal mist.

Capetrees, buddy: Yes you can pass the vaccination on to others. Look it up for yourself.

Many of the guys on AS have a very wide range of talents and experiences, and we tend to think of ourselves as experts in much more than just how to sharpen a chainsaw. Just look at your own special skills, and you will see that all of us smart guys that think we absolutely know something to be true still prove to be mistaken every now and then.

In this particular case, I am not professing any expertise on the topic, despite my degree in biology with course work in pathogenic microbiology and immunology, nor my 7 1/2 years of employment in various animal & medical hospitals and medical school.

Nope...This was on the evening news. But I understood the meaning of every word they said.

Refering to the flu vaccines being administered at the school for kids if they want it, I asked the town health agent, a registered nurse in charge of the administating of the program here locally, if some of the kids choose not to get the vaccine, either one, is it possible to transmit the flu from kids that got the vaccine to kids that did not get the vaccines.

Answer, no.

I too went to college and excelled but that doesn't mean I know all about those topics. On this topic, I feel safe asking the person I have faith in having seen her work.

Blind lambs to the slaughter...and the rich get richer.

The hype gets hyped...and the toxic waste finds a willing dumping ground.

Don't mind me, I'm suffering from the g3-r7.2 virofungiteria, brazilian strain, via Atlanta. No vaccine available. (they couldn't get the bugs to sit still on the mushrooms)

....but hey, they told me to use common sense precautions...like washing your hands and what not....which is...

Free and void of nerotoxins. :monkey:

Refering to the flu vaccines being administered at the school for kids if they want it, I asked the town health agent, a registered nurse in charge of the administating of the program here locally, if some of the kids choose not to get the vaccine, either one, is it possible to transmit the flu from kids that got the vaccine to kids that did not get the vaccines.

Answer, no.

Depends on the person and the route of administration. The injectable vaccine is a killed virus and cannot be transferred to anybody. The nasal spray is a weakened but live virus. It is possible to transfer it to someone with a compromised immune system.

Since we're sharing I have no real background in this stuff but have done a lot of reading and talked to people I trust. My departments contagious disease nurse for one.

Latest posts

Back