Flu Shot

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just how bad is this supposed "epidemic" anyway? Does anyone here actually know anyone who currently has swine flu? I sure don't... and I wouldn't attribute that fact to the swine flu shot and nasal mist, as no one I know is receiving the shots or the spray.

Bigus Terminitus, great youtube post.

Not to be a conspiracy theorist, but there seems to be cooperation between the media pushing the "epidemic" agenda, the Govt reinforcing these concerns, and private industry proffiting from the sale of these shots and nasal sprays, with no recourse for anyone who is actually harmed by the shots.

It seems to me that the concerns over severe side effects from the swine flu vaccine are well founded. And I am still not getting the shot.

Well, let's see, three schools closed last week due to H1N1, 1 for sure, may have been 2 kids died in Spokane this weekend from it.

I, too, was given the shot in the military. Evaded it one year and got the flu bad. That was on St. Lawrence Island Alaska 1955. Is it effective? Very, very few cases of flu in the units I was assigned over a 21 year period.

The paranoid will be forever with us.

I do wonder jsut how many "I won't take it"s is really because they hate or fear needles. We had one guy in Turkey that we had to physically carry through the shot line due to that.

Harry K

I couldn't find a single article that provided any documented research to support the notion that vitamin D is going to prevent the flu. It is a good idea to have higher levels of D in order to maintain your health, but going outside and playing in the sun will take care of that.

15 minutes, twice a week is enough for most folks. If you are dark skinned, you will need more exposure. [that is why the lilly-white Caucasians are found originally in northern climates]

I did discover that almost all the links quoted in the google search above have advertising for where to buy that much needed vit.D. Go figure!

My daughters class has 16 students. Monday 8 made it to class, yesterday only 6. Me being a glass half full kind a guy :D figure the good to come out of H1N1 will be fewer colds this year.

Last year i got whats caught whats called Guillain–Barré syndrome one of the causes of this syndrome is from the FLU shot actually i think its the #1 cause. it is caused by the flu virus it self. i wound up on life support for 5 months being paralized from the neck down. i would fight to the death before i ever got that shot. it damages your nerve endings causing you to be temporarily paralized. i was on a ventalator for 3 months not being able to breath on my own. i almost lost my buisness. the doctors said luckily my youth was on my side and almost made a full recovery in less than a year. google it type in gbs sydrome and look what causes it. its on the waiver you sign when you get the shot. its more common than you think. i almost died from it.

Last year i got whats caught whats called Guillain–Barré syndrome one of the causes of this syndrome is from the FLU shot actually i think its the #1 cause. it is caused by the flu virus it self. i wound up on life support for 5 months being paralized from the neck down. i would fight to the death before i ever got that shot. it damages your nerve endings causing you to be temporarily paralized. i was on a ventalator for 3 months not being able to breath on my own. i almost lost my buisness. the doctors said luckily my youth was on my side and almost made a full recovery in less than a year. google it type in gbs sydrome and look what causes it. its on the waiver you sign when you get the shot. its more common than you think. i almost died from it.

matt,

Wow!!! That SUCKS!!!

I'm glad you spoke up though. Negative reactions can be deadly, and sometimes life altering even if you survive, and most people don't even have a clue the odds are so high.

The Flu can be deadly though, and it is a roll of the dice either way.

Hope you can recover the lost time best you can...

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

matt,

Wow!!! That SUCKS!!!

I'm glad you spoke up though. Negative reactions can be deadly, and sometimes life altering even if you survive, and most people don't even have a clue the odds are so high.

The Flu can be deadly though, and it is a roll of the dice either way.

Hope you can recover the lost time best you can...

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

ya im not really trying to scare anyone. maybe to just make them think twice before they let someone inject all kinds of chemicles in them. i wouldnt wish what happened to me on my worst enemy. they put me in a temprorary coma. and when i woke up to my surprise my dad told me the community held a fund raiser to help me pay for my equipment while i was down. I will never be able to repay the community i live in for saving my company. i couldnt work for around 8 months, but recently met a lady that had the same thing i did from the flu and hasnt walked in 5 years since it. so im gonna say i got off lucky and take what i got.

Dam it is sobering to hear that. Glad you came out ok and are here to tell us about it.

Sorry to hear it Matt hope it smooths out for ya!

My shot and my wifes are available for anyone that wants them step right up take your spin on the fortune wheel. jmho

Kansas

rsz_192309522.jpg

Few years ago, was the last time I took a Flu Shot. My left arm ached for about 1 year. Could not raise above head without discomfort. Needless to say, no more shots for me.

Now my 2 young kids, that is another story. I don't like Mercury in their shots.

Heck, I don't even think it is available here yet.

We are taking vitamins and kids are all still in school and daycare.

I think just being around young kids, day in and day out, kind of innoculates you.....

Latest posts

Back