For Sale Stihl 020T

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BostonBull

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Thi saw has some sort of carbueration issue I believe. I havent gotten to far into it. It will run for a few seconds and then die. It comes with a 14" Rollomatic light bar and new Stihl Picco Chain.

200 Plus shipping

Thinking on it

I am thinking about it. It does look well used and have you pulled the muffler to check the piston?
Where on the North Shore are you? Grew up down there

PEST said:
I am thinking about it. It does look well used and have you pulled the muffler to check the piston?
Where on the North Shore are you? Grew up down there

The shop is in Essex. I havent pulled the muffler. I will monday if need be, I think it needs a carb kit.

On hold here

Had unexpected circumstances in funding and do not want to leave you hanging.
Will see after thanksgiving if you still have it. If someone else jumps I lose.
The reason I asked about the muffler is I have had quite a few 020s eat crank seals.

Like I said before I havent tested the saw at all. I would first pressure test it then throw na carb kit at it. The saw is sold as is with known problems.

BostonBull said:
Like I said before I havent tested the saw at all. I would first pressure test it then throw na carb kit at it. The saw is sold as is with known problems.

So you know it has problems, yet you won't pull the muffler to check the piston? Takes a whole, what, 5 minutes...

Makes a big difference between an over priced parts saw and a good deal...

Honesty goes a long way here.....

Steve,
Do you just give out your great advice? Pulling the muffler on 020/200T's is a PITA. I sold this saw AS IS. It has good compression and is well used. Either way its a great deal. 150 for a saw thats for parts in decent shape or 150 for a saw that needs a carb kit.
You have tried bashing me on one more than a few occsasions on stuff I have for sale if there is some problem between us please PM me about it and I would be delighted to discuss it with you.

Jim

BostonBull said:
You have tried bashing me on one more than a few occsasions on stuff I have for sale if there is some problem between us please PM me about it and I would be delighted to discuss it with you.

Jim

Just want to clear this up right now...I have nothing to hide, what do you?

I haven't bashed you, yet. I offered you friendly advice about wanting top dollar out of saws before to put them on ebay, because no one here wants to spend any money. That has nothing to do with this post, though.

My post in this thread wasn't a bash. Seriously, sounds like you have something to hide. I will give you the 020/200 muffler is a pita, but there are much worse. To me and many others, it sounds kinda fishy that you wouldn't pull the muffler after a potential buyer asked you if you had, then you said you would..... Then you didn't and said it just needs a carb kit and has great compression, yet you have not looked at or tested at all...... Then you state it is AS IS, which we all know from Ebay is a less than desirable saw.

Next time, throw in the compression readings so people can evaluate themselves what is great compression. That takes, even longer than pulling the muffler, doesn't it?

I'll never bother any of your posts again.

I'll have to disagree with the bit about "as is" being an undesirable saw. That is not the case. "As is" simply means that the user will be responsible for any unexpected conditions, so ask questions accordingly.

Latest posts

Back