Found a 20" 72 DL Guide Bar For The Echo CS-590

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dman535

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Just picked this saw up a week ago and one of the first things I needed was a 20" 72DL bar as I have a number of those chains from my 455 Rancher. Saw lots of posts but nothing concrete as far as part numbers. Found this Archer bar on ebay with a chain for $49. It bolts right up, ran great had zero issues with it.
I tried to find an Oregon or OEM bar but after a few hours of searching I came up empty, saw lots of posts on the subject but couldn't find a source.

Attachments

• bar_1.jpg
    bar_1.jpg
    262.5 KB · Views: 16
  • bar_2.jpg
    bar_2.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 17
  • bar_3.jpg
    bar_3.jpg
    302.2 KB · Views: 14
I see you already have your bar but I bought the adapter for Stihl 3003 bars and put a 20 in Stihl es bar on my 590. It’s takes standard 72 dl chain, which I have a ton of. Really liking it so far, gives the saw a good feel in the cut. Just a suggestion for when your new one is worn out.

Just picked this saw up a week ago and one of the first things I needed was a 20" 72DL bar as I have a number of those chains from my 455 Rancher. Saw lots of posts but nothing concrete as far as part numbers. Found this Archer bar on ebay with a chain for $49. It bolts right up, ran great had zero issues with it.
I tried to find an Oregon or OEM bar but after a few hours of searching I came up empty, saw lots of posts on the subject but couldn't find a source.
Yes of course the tails on the Echo bar and the Husky bar are the same size and oil holes are the same too. What is different is the slot on the Husky bar is 9mm while your Echo uses 8mm/5/16" studs. You now have a sloppy fitting bar.

If your ok with that so be it.

The other issue with Husky bars on the Echo, Poulan, Homelite saws is the drive link count is sometimes off about a link. I'm betting your adjuster is close to being out of adjustment with a 72DL chain.

Yes of course the tails on the Echo bar and the Husky bar are the same size and oil holes are the same too. What is different is the slot on the Husky bar is 9mm while your Echo uses 8mm/5/16" studs. You now have a sloppy fitting bar.

If your ok with that so be it.

The other issue with Husky bars on the Echo, Poulan, Homelite saws is the drive link count is sometimes off about a link. I'm betting your adjuster is close to being out of adjustment with a 72DL chain.
I am not running a Husky bar on the Echo, only the cache of 72DL chains I have for it. I bought the Archer bar which is an 72 DL bar made specifically for the Echo saw.

Latest posts

Back