Found in Firewood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recently found a 1/4" diameter spike in a large Ash round. With my brand-new Fiskars x27, of course. :-(

I finished the rest of that log with my old axe, uncovering a few fencing staples.

Jon

KeeblerElfinHollowTree.gif

:msp_biggrin::msp_biggrin::msp_biggrin:

I found four mice in a hickory I dropped on Sunday. I was bucking it up and when the round dropped mice started pouring out of a little hole. They were lucky I didn't make the cut a few inches over.

1/2 inch steel cable wrapped around the tree about 20 times on a 3 ft section when it was 12 dia Was cutting it at 30 in dia. Only way I found out what was killing my stuff, was to burn the whole log in the fire pit. Must have been about 20 ft of this crap.

found a bee hive with teh saw, man they weren't happy, only got stung once, and didn't ruin any chains

A 4 to 6 inch diameter column of concrete in a front yard cedar! Poured in through an open knothole, I guess to try and keep the hollow tree from rotting. Boy did the saw ever rattle when it hit that :D

I cut an opossum in half one time, was not on purpose. Had a coon come snarling down the tree I was cutting, when he got too close I shooed him away with the saw. Lots of mice. Besides that barbed wire and nails.

All the above mentioned and an 8 inch rail road spike in a limb from a cherry tree lucky to find it with the splitter and not the saw.

Last edited:
I cut an opossum in half one time, was not on purpose. Had a coon come snarling down the tree I was cutting, when he got too close I shooed him away with the saw. Lots of mice. Besides that barbed wire and nails.

Dropped a large Beech tree last Winter and started on the trunk. Got about 25 ft down and blood just started pouring from cut line. Was running a 660 magnum with 3ft bar. Needless to say it got my attention. Seems 2 full size racoons thought they were safe, they were mistaken ;)

I am surprised how many people said they find bullets. Are there that many people out there shooting trees?

Flat landers that come up here to go hunting unload there guns in the trees to say that they shot something! :msp_mad:

I found a clothes line spool in a 24" Ash tree.....yard tree of course. I also found a few nails from snowmobile trail signs. Nothing to major really. Thank god I didn't find the clothe line spool with the saw!

Back