Freak Accident

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lawnmowerboy48

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
This happened about 18 weeks ago a total random act of nature. We had two days of wind gusts in the 30-40 MPH range for two days, (Wed and Thur). I get a call on Friday after noon that someone was stuck by a falling tree. I work in the maintenance division that does the tree work and the call came from the construction division. I immediately jump to the conclusion of what they hell were they thinking and what were they doing? Turns out it was dead standing tree in the woods. Our guy was raking out loam in the backyard and said he heard a crack and looked up and to his left and a 10 inch oak was on him. 10 inch is what he was struck by 15 at the at the trunk, 35 or so feet in length. End result: two broken vertebra, two broken ankles and one broken rib. The guy calls it two broken ribs because they had to remove part of rib and graft it into his ankle. Good news is he is alive and kicking, should be walking in the next 3 weeks and will be back to work for us next season. Lesson to the story: Keep your eyes open not only to the job at hand but also to your surroundings.

I had a friend once who was just driving down a two lane road and out of nowhere are tree falls on his car. Broke one of his legs real bad.

It crazy what just happens sometimes.

Latest posts

Back