Free 070!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, I got my parts and flywheel puller, and having problems with the points. I took them out and cleaned them up, they work out of the saw, when they are closed they have continuity between the two sides. When I bolt the points down, weather the points are open or closed there is continuity to ground??? I can't see anywhere where the idolater parts are worn through?? I don't get it.

Nobody can help me with these points????? Come on!! I guess I'll have to bribe you all with a few more pics. Here she is all cleaned up, carb nice and clean and rebuilt I love the ultrasonic cleaner for carbs, as you can see its nice and clean looking. new air filter installed.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Has to be the isolater or your screw on the spring end it is grounding.
How about a close up of the points.
Got a cheap motorcycle because the did the same thing, point were grounded. Should be simple.

Has to be the isolater or your screw on the spring end it is grounding.
How about a close up of the points.
Got a cheap motorcycle because the did the same thing, point were grounded. Should be simple.

Ya, that's what I thought, but it doesn't do it until I bolt it down to the base, I'm at a loss!!

I was surprised it wasnt gone as the guy had some other good tools that went fast and cheap, upscale neighborhood, guy didn't seem to care what he got. It was covered in pine bark dust. Maybe do some yard sales and go to the bush and try it out. TTL
Bob

I was surprised it wasnt gone as the guy had some other good tools that went fast and cheap, upscale neighborhood, guy didn't seem to care what he got. It was covered in pine bark dust. Maybe do some yard sales and go to the bush and try it out. TTL
Bob

Cool man, good luck with it. I'm always looking for deals on saws.

Ok, I think I got my problem narrowed down to the coil. I disconnected the wires to the points, bolted the points down, and now they are no longer grounded all the time, so I bolted the wires back on, now they are grounded all the time, cut the wire going to the condensor, BINGO, now no longer grounded all the time. So I cut the wire going from the condersor to the coil, and check resistance to ground on the condensor connection, its not grounded, check the little wire going to the coil from the condensor to the coil, and its grounded all the time, so I'm guessing this coil has in internal short to ground, now I need to find a coil.

You may not need a coil, primary resistance can be less than and ohm, use a digital meter and also do a google on magneto coil testing.
Bob

Really?? So your saying there may be nothing wrong with this ignition. Any actual specs on this saw for primary and secondary resistance.

Back