Free 070!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool, thanks guys. Oh, forgot to say, I think the clutch side crank bearing may be no good. I can feel slight up and down play in it, is it normal in these or not? Feels more then the flywheel side, leads me to believe its no good?

Carefull on the bearings.. they are not "DEEP GROOVE" radials that you normally see, and often appear to have more movement.

Get it going before worrying yourself onto a complete tear down. It won't run any worse than just before the last time it stopped;)

Get it going before worrying yourself onto a complete tear down. It won't run any worse than just before the last time it stopped;)

LOL, ya, I'm still working on getting all the gunk out of it, some wood chips that must be 20 years old. You can't even see any piece of exposed metal on the carb, its that dirty. Its got no spark, the points look real dirty from what I can see through the flywheel, so got to get that off, and rebuild the carb, and hopefully it'll run. Recoil needs work too, I think the spring is busted.

Hey Parrisaw,
If the recoil cover shown is the original one which came with the saw,you may indeed have an 090.
The 070's have got 3 fin bars to the right of the "gunsight".The 090's have 4.
Your pic on the first post shows 4.
just maybe??

Hey Parrisaw,
If the recoil cover shown is the original one which came with the saw,you may indeed have an 090.
just maybe??

Very interesting detail! I took a look and can see the difference. Of course the recoil cover is interchangeable I would doubt that this one has been changed. Great find.

Hey Parrisaw,
just maybe??

Cool, I'll have to look into it. What should I do measure bore size. Good eyes on ya man.

Its an 070, measured at about 58mm.:cry:
supergay.gif

Latest posts

Back