Fuel line install

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

partsman51

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
So on a 14" craftsman/poulan my brother dropped a tree on it, so managed to get some parts for it, but I can not for t he life of me get the fuel line pulled through the hole, it has the end cut to a sharp end but once I push it into the hole I can not seem to thread it any further, is their someway to make it go?

I drill them out with a 1/8th drill bit with a bit of waller to it,, cut your line in an angle and pull it through with a stiff wire,,, works every time for me,,,,

Saw some posts here that suggested putting some string trimmer line through the hole into the tank, putting the fuel line on that, and then pulling the whole works back through. Typically then the little cut end sticks out of the tank, and you can grab that with pliers or hemostats and give it a good yank.

I use electric fence wire, but any wire of similar size that will stay doubled with the very end of the line in the crimp. I put a shot of two stroke oil on the line to make it pull through easier.

guy's your missing the ultimate tool, I use forceps ( doctors long nose clamps) I can reach all of the way into the tank and clamp them onto the fuel line. From that point you just pull it in and not worry about the wire cutting thru the line.

Yes, but forceps have a very limited reach. I can bend a wire, feed it through the carb floor, the tank, and it come out at the cap. I lose less than 1/4" of line (I do trim the end I kink the wire on).

I cut the line down the middle for about an inch or so and remove one side of the line and then feed that into the hole and then pull with long nose pliers and pull slightly back ont he other side of the line as it will shrink it overall size and it will pull into place.

Back