Full/Half wrap define please

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Somehow I got on a mailing list for high-end audio. When I get the Audio Advisor catalog, it makes me wish I had decided to become a millionaire so I could afford the stuff in there.
$1500 for a 6' set of speaker wires? Sheesh!:dizzy:

Blaster,
Audio Advisor is a ripoff. Everything is MSRP and nothing can be negotiated. I first met Wayne down at the Stereophile World High End show at the Waldorf in NY in '95 when Ensemble Music Systems asked me to attend as their technical advisor. I found him to be generally unknowlegeable and opportunistic. Interestingly enough, my current Cardas Golden Cross speaker cables were given to me by George Cardas himself at that show. The 8' pair of these went for $1550 at the time. Even George admitted that there were few, if any, known electrical reasons why cables sound different. I have a hard time hearing any difference at all, but for free, I'll take 'em.

I worked a few deals to get my interconnects at a "reasonable" cost as well. I run all balanced and they are Cardas as well. How about the 3 foot pair that run between my Wadia CD player and Krell preamp. It amazes me that people would pay $600 retail for these things, yet they do.

Macman,
Mostly progressive and modern jazz, but I pretty much like all music except cRap. I'm thinking that I might be able to get 2 Live Crew to work some Robert Service poems into some of their tunes.

Currently, I've been trying to convince John to trade me his Samurai speakers for the Egglestons, even up. Not much success with him yet as he doesn't want to rock out his race chains.

Just Exactly What I Thought

Hello Doug,
That little dissertation on speakers was just what I was trying to convey to you the other day on the telephone. It was exactly what I thought.

Ken
[email protected]
530-589-2744

Oh! Alright! I'll trade you the marble speakers for my Samiuri's if you throw in the 266KD. I can rock out my chainsaw on them.
Ken, it took me 45 minutes to read all that. It would also appear that DB is an elitest as well as rich and smart and the most hated on AB next to Barky and Cahoon.
John

Good to see you back, Dozer. I will call you tomorrow and we can talk about audio for another 4 hours. After that, I will continue to tutor you on saw building by giving you even more porting numbers so people will continue to think that you are a guru.

Actually, it was Dypo who initially floated the idea of an even trade of my Egglestons for his Samurais. When I wouldn't go along with it, he literally tried to fook me out of them. The sheer terror of just the memory of that moment is the only thing that keeps me from reneging on the deal even to this day.

You want to hear some of the best sound you can hear out of a custum speaker??? This company is one of the best kept secrets of the music industry. Oh and by the way since you asked how I happen to find this company? I read their water meter. Usally good for a hour visit. But that's a drop in the bucket for me since I have the gift of jab...

http://www.merlinmusic.com/main.htm

Later,
Chris

Spares Bargain

Hey dbabcock:

This just came up on the forum I referred you to:

Very close to giving up on speaker business i've been working on for too long, so clearing out some stock...

All items are boxed and unused (except where stated). Prices do not include VAT (@17.5%) or P&P.

Dynaudio
8 x 15W75-04 £50.00 each
8 x d260 £50.00 each

[email protected]

Bargains like these do not come up often, especially on the tweeters!

Latest posts

Back