• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Full wrap for Jonsered 2171

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually haven't got the 2172 yet. It's on it's way from fin460, probably be here beginning of next week! I'm just so excited that I put it in my sig already!

I really like the 2171. Long story, but it had a big bore installed by the PO, and the head bolts weren't torqued. I made 5-6 cuts before it died. I've got a new piston, hopefully will have it put together this weekend, then it will be listed on Craigslist. I was amazed at the power, though. It will be interesting to try the ported 2172, hopefully it will outrun my 7900, my current favorite saw.

I also just picked up a very lightly used 262xp! Never ran one, but I've heard they are great little saws.

I actually haven't got the 2172 yet. It's on it's way from fin460, probably be here beginning of next week! I'm just so excited that I put it in my sig already!

I really like the 2171. Long story, but it had a big bore installed by the PO, and the head bolts weren't torqued. I made 5-6 cuts before it died. I've got a new piston, hopefully will have it put together this weekend, then it will be listed on Craigslist. I was amazed at the power, though. It will be interesting to try the ported 2172, hopefully it will outrun my 7900, my current favorite saw.

I also just picked up a very lightly used 262xp! Never ran one, but I've heard they are great little saws.

I love the 2171. Mastermind ported mine- it has the 75cc xpw topend on it- it is insane (maybe hold onto it and consider that option). It is the equiv to the 372xp. 2172 is the equiv to the 372 xtorq. More of a fan of the xp than the xtorq from what Ive heard. Is the 7900 stock? Never ran a 262 either- but everyone that has em.... wont part with them. When a really clean one came up for sale from Roger Collins I asked Randy about the and he told me to "grab it". From what I gather the 254xp and the 262xp have a "cult-like" following. Im really, really excited to get both back from Randy soon.

The 7900 is stock, I did a little work to the muffler. Man does that saw cut! I went with a buddy with a stock MS440, same 28" bar, both new chains, and the Dolmar was easily 1/3 faster through the wood. It's got a deeper tone to the exhaust, doesn't even sound like it's working hard! The big bore 2171 felt almost as strong as the 7900, before I lost compression. I'm sure once Randy works over the 064, they'll all feel pretty wimpy in comparison!

I thought about buying an OEM 2171 top end and having it ported, but that's another $600 I don't want to spend right now. I figure I'll try to sell it on Craigslist... most people on AS don't seem to want anything to do with the big bore cylinders on these saws.

Here's a few of my saws...
image.jpgimage.jpg

Well, I'm not sure where to start with a price? It's in excellent condition cosmetically, but it needs a top end, and it's leaking bar oil from somewhere???

I do have a new piston ready to install, but I could sell the piston and cylinder seperately, I guess...

Here's some pics for everyone to see...

Keep in mind it will be PHO and the bigger dogs will be switched out for the standard sized ones. Thanks!
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Latest posts

Back