future of 372-390 and 395xp????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pro94lt

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
guys in the know are their any new models on the table? Any pics or heard anything? Is the 372xt here to stay? What about a 590xp???? Anything out their?

Tlandrum mentioned something about a new 372 (572) in testing but it's all hush hush for now. I have searched to no avail.:msp_wink:

Whatever comes out I hope it drives the prices of used saws down. I can't afford new and currently can't even afford used. That includes buying basket cases and resurrecting the dead. To see a trashed 372 sell for 3 bills breaks my heart I tell you.

Whatever comes out I hope it drives the prices of used saws down. I can't afford new and currently can't even afford used. That includes buying basket cases and resurrecting the dead. To see a trashed 372 sell for 3 bills breaks my heart I tell you.

My thoughts exactly, I WANT a new 562xp. Im allowed by my boss (wife) one nice purchase with my share of the "TAX" money. Its gonna be a log splitter this year, so a new saw is gonna have to wait untill next year. But Id love to fall upon a used 365, 372, 385, 390, 394, 395, well you get the idea, for the cheap/right price. I guess I can keep dreaming.

Last edited:
I say grab 'em now. There has been some great deals on saws that need little work lately.

My thoughts exactly, I WANT a new 562xp. Im allowed by my boss (wife) one nice purchase with my share of the "TAX" money. Its gonna be a log splitter this year, so a new saw is gonna have to wait untill next year. But Id love to fall upon a used 365, 372, 385, 390, 304, 395, well you get the idea, for the cheap/right price. I guess I can keep dreaming.

Matt i have been looking at the jred 2188 dang nice looking saw.

Matt i have been looking at the jred 2188 dang nice looking saw.

Same here. I am glad for the 100+ mile distance between me and the closest J-Red dealer however. That's keeping me from blowing the whole tax return on a sexy swede lady in red and black. Happy wife........happy life. Unhappy wife................

It's too damn cold to have to sleep in the shop for the next few months....:D

Tlandrum mentioned something about a new 372 (572) in testing but it's all hush hush for now. I have searched to no avail.:msp_wink:

He's probably right. The Husky test saw I have seen recently looked like an overgrown version of my 550XP.
The guy testing it assumed it was in the 70cc class but actually isn't given any information from Husqvarna except "run it hard and try to kill it" :D

Same here. I am glad for the 100+ mile distance between me and the closest J-Red dealer however. That's keeping me from blowing the whole tax return on a sexy swede lady in red and black. Happy wife........happy life. Unhappy wife................

It's too damn cold to have to sleep in the shop for the next few months....:D

I agree about the cold but i don't beleve a couple night's will kill me:msp_biggrin:

Haven't "they" been discontinuing the 372XP for the past five years? 100 years from now there will be saws that run on sugar water and use cold laser beams to make cuts, yet there will still be rumors about the venerable 372XP being dropped from Husqvarna's product line. :laugh:

Actually, I wasn't too excited about the bulky/heavy first strato saws, but the performance of the latest models with AT are very attractive.

guys in the know are their any new models on the table? Any pics or heard anything? Is the 372xt here to stay? What about a 590xp???? Anything out their?

I am reasonably sure the days of the 372xt and 576xp is coming to an end reasonably soon. I have seen no sign of changes with the larger saws though - but we all know the 390 sort of is an overgrown 372, so who knows?

He's probably right. The Husky test saw I have seen recently looked like an overgrown version of my 550XP.
The guy testing it assumed it was in the 70cc class but actually isn't given any information from Husqvarna except "run it hard and try to kill it" :D

I am sure he was right.

Haven't "they" been discontinuing the 372XP for the past five years? ......

More than 5 years, more like 8. It actually was out of the US catalog in 2005 and 2006 (replaced by the 575xp), but still dribbled in, although in limited numbers. It returned to the catalog for 2007, and has been there in different variants since that. Production never stopped.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back