FYI - Northern Chainsaw Sharpener

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It sounds like so far they are working out fine.
Kind of anxious to get mine. Hope it is in one piece, maybe by buying something else they will put both items in one safer box.
I keep expecting someone to tell us they are a total piece of doggy doo!!!!

Dan

OK, Im oficially on the band wagon now, havent discussed wether I have to wait till crimmas to open it or not.

Probably wont take me long to figure out how to get it reversable.:clap:

And you'll be getting a $10 gift certificate in the mail in a few days. I got one even tho my total was a penny short of $100. But my wife tossed it out in a cleaning frenzy.:bang: I was thinking about using it to buy another one, to leave set up for rakers, and get a spare wheel in the process.

I have to sit and stare at mine under the Christmas tree.:dizzy: I may order a few more myself. I wonder how long they will be available at this price?

I've got mine set up to do depth guages. Works excellent but i'm using 511A wheels.

I bought 4 total for christmas presents, although I have no friends that have saws. HAHAHA.

BUY AT LEAST 10 OF THEM IF YOU CAN!

They are a really good copy and work great if you are careful. Just like any grinder, technique and patience is required.

My $0.02

tawilson said:
And you'll be getting a $10 gift certificate in the mail in a few days. I got one even tho my total was a penny short of $100. But my wife tossed it out in a cleaning frenzy.:bang: I was thinking about using it to buy another one, to leave set up for rakers, and get a spare wheel in the process.

Tom, I could have sworn you looked like Brad Pitt earlier?

But yeah, the coupon thing is cool! Like I need another reason to peruse the catalog.:hmm3grin2orange:

DOLMARatOs said:
I've got mine set up to do depth guages. Works excellent but i'm using 511A wheels.

I bought 4 total for christmas presents, although I have no friends that have saws. HAHAHA.

BUY AT LEAST 10 OF THEM IF YOU CAN!

They are a really good copy and work great if you are careful. Just like any grinder, technique and patience is required.

My $0.02

Got to be better than the HF cheapo I have now...I need something to square up chains and set the depth gauges. This should work a tad better than what I currently have. Should be here at the end of the week... :biggrinbounce2:

how much do the 511A wheels Run normally? i'll check bailey's when I have more time.

RaisedByWolves said:
Tom, I could have sworn you looked like Brad Pitt earlier?

But yeah, the coupon thing is cool! Like I need another reason to peruse the catalog.:hmm3grin2orange:
Yeah, I didn't have my glasses on in the other pic. Amazing how it changes my looks, ain't it.

I ordered mine today.

Is the 10* offset necessary if you're not using full chisel chain?

Should it be used on semi chisel chain?

I could try to find out but do they do paypal...???? I mite be dumb so be nice

Haywire Haywood said:
I had thought about buying a few and then ebaying them after the sale goes off.

Ian

I had the same thought. I bought a few extra for sale in my shop but I plan to drop them on eBay. Nothing wrong with a free enterprise system.

How did you find out it was the last day of the sale?

tawilson said:

If you look at the description of the item it tells you what grinders the less expensive wheel is for.
They fit the bar mounted and mini grinders that use the 4 1/8" wheels.
I guess the idea of listing the diameter of the wheels eluded them at Northern.

I wounder how long it will be on sale for... Im hoping till thursday so my e-bay money gets in my checking.

woodchux said:
I ordered mine today.

Is the 10* offset necessary if you're not using full chisel chain?

Should it be used on semi chisel chain?

Stilh USG grinders use a 15 degree back/front offset for all their current chains, Semi chisel or Full chisel. Not sure if the geometry is the same as the tec/oregon, but..

Latest posts

Back