Gas boiling today in the saw from 90 degree heat

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And I am a forester over seeing harvest operations. I have watched plenty of guys cut ply logs all summer long here in the south, no problem.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Another thought. I know the mtronics have to program them self to the temps but any older style need to be tuned to the heat.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

No no its not. I have no idea, bad ethonol laden fuel? E20 maybe???

I'm here in the south we hit 100f regularly and I have never seen one of my loggers saws boil over or my own cutting in high temps.

Haven't they mandated less MTBE or don't use it anymore? I don't feel like Google ing it right now.

We have this problem every Summer at work. Gas spraying out of the tanks when you open the caps and they barely start. Mtronics are some of the worst. We run 93 E10. 50/1 Red Armor. It's bad in all the stratos (Stihl 201t, 261, 362, Husky 372xt). If you leave them in the sun give up on starting them.
I run all ethanol free and haven't had a problem in my personal saws. But I don't work for myself when it's boiling outside.

We have this problem every Summer at work. Gas spraying out of the tanks when you open the caps and they barely start. Mtronics are some of the worst. We run 93 E10. 50/1 Red Armor. It's bad in all the stratos (Stihl 201t, 261, 362, Husky 372xt). If you leave them in the sun give up on starting them.
I run all ethanol free and haven't had a problem in my personal saws. But I don't work for myself when it's boiling outside.
Oh yea the tanks esp the ones that hold pressure all those new EPA cans will spray gas when you open them when hot

Am I the only one that had trouble with saws and the heat today ? One boiled gas out of the tank and the others were running like crap and stalling Mtronics also! WTF is in the gas im using?
I don't know but it messed up my Dodge 318 wood truck! Was running great. got gas and now won't fire on all cylinders. Know it's the gas! Not just water either! Put a bottle of dry gas into it and half a bottle of Startron. NADA.....always workd in the wifes Tacoma! :dizzy:

Latest posts

Back