Gasoline Primer Container, what do you use?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Lary

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Lately while working on some of my saws I needed to prime with gasoline a few times.I really dont have a good way to do this I have in the past used a pump oil can but they dont last long before they seize up.I got to thinking with all you guys doing the same sort of stuff somebody must have a better way.So what do you use for a container?

Plastic medicine syringe. Pull apart between uses so old gas doesn't wreck the rubber part.
+1..that's what I use..you can accurately measure and apply the mix..!!

Much better than just pouring from a jug...spray bottle does fairly well also.
:cheers:
J2F

What do you mean by wash bottle? Is that Like a mustard/ketchup squeeze bottle? I did have a syringe but like a fool I left gas in it overnight ruined that.I wonder if you used a richer than normal mix if an pump oiler would last longer that way?

plastic bottles that used to hold contacts (eyes) cleaing solution. have a screw on cover cap, then a tiny hole in the tip. Tip pries out, or just squeeze and suck up premix from a small pan to fill it. If the hole is too small (say to use for lube oil) heat a needle or wire in a match flame and melt out the hole a bit. NOT the one with premix gasoline in it of course :), or at least post video if you do....

I had a nitro savage rc truck and the bottle that you use to fill up the tank has a thin spout. it was a squeeze type .

Call me "old school"...

attachment.php

Gives me fond memories of my Dad, so I'm stickin' with it.

Poge

Last edited:
Primer/bottle feeder

The last thing I want to have to do,when it's "Miller time"is to empty a syringe or pump sprayer.I use a 16 oz shampoo bottle,that I put a spout on from a gear oil jug,i then attach a short piece of fuel line to the tip to make it more flexible, and easier to get into tight carburetor areas.It also can be used to put a small amount of gas into a saw for a quick test.I have been using the same system since I worked on outboards, 30 years ago.
RR

Latest posts

Back