GB Pro-Top bars

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JimL said:
i like the GB bars. they seem to wear alot in the first couple uses, but then they are hard as an anvil for a good long time.
I had the same experience, with a 24" protop and an 18" solid, both in 3/8x.050. First week of use and the rails had picked up a snaggable notch (fingernail test). Used carlton chain. But after the first dressing, it now seems rock hard? I don't understand--maybe it didn't like getting dressed up.

The 24" bar has a nice bow in its belly part, but new, the 18" bar is straight as a ruler in the middle. I never saw a bar so dead straight in the middle. That bar also seems gag up with dust on pine pretty bad. My oiler might be a little on the thin side, but I suspect that a little curvature somehow helps keep the groove clean, because when it gaggs up, it's always thickest at the middle.

Several Sugi-Hara bars have been showing up on eBayware for good prices and fair shipping rates. The recent ones I think are all hard tip.

im going to the gb factory in a few weeks time,its 1 hour away from me ill let you know what bargains can be had.

Back