Genius's woodpile

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Being a SE Texan, I don't spend a lot of time thinking about wood piles. I have one, for thanksgiving and Christmas, but its nice to see people fight about em.:cheers:

eha3y8em.jpg

Someone wanted these plastic skids gone a month or so back and they asked if I could use them.

These things are the cats ass, no more rotten skids

+1 on the plastic skids. I have my firewood on wooden racks that sit atop of pea gravel...but I grabbed a few truck loads of these same type of pallets for a buddy and cousin from work for their stacks and they are the cat's a$$ for sure!

:rock:

Genius you truely are a genius!!!!!!
who would have ever guessed one could actually heat with wood without being meticulously anal about it?

have you considered the skids on the top of the woodpile ?

No, my kids like playing on top of my stacks, they wouldn't have much fun with pallets on top of them.

Although, it might prevent my piles from falling over when they do play on em

Man that's a nasty burn. I almost did that once, I had the slash burn permit, I notified the sheriff and had water at the slash pile through 300' of hose to the pile. I lit the slash and the wind came up, like 50mph of wind out of nowhere.

I was barely controlling the burn with the hose when the only volunteer firefighter around, an old retired resident, pulled in to check on the blaze and parked on my hose.... I was screaming at him to move his truck and he was screaming back that he had a right to be on my place because of the burn. Finally he moved his truck. It was a close call- 60 acres of grass surrounded by timber, houses other than mine dotted on the mountain side.

Now I burn when there is at least 6 inches of snow on the ground with a hose off the well and one from a trash pump in the pond plus a friend to help.

I call BS...

I think that Genius does indeed use a MINGO and TARPS his wood, as well and bark placement.
He is just too scared to show us his real wood pile.

Blazin told me that you measure every stick of wood, and it has to be to the tenth of a inch uniform or you chip it up.

I am betting Spidey will have a coronary looking at that garbled mass of half rotted piles of trash wood you call stacks of firewood. Did you take those pictures at my house?

I was screaming at him to move his truck and he was screaming back that he had a right to be on my place because of the burn. Finally he moved his truck. .[/QUOTE]

did you have a heart to heart with him,,a bit later??? short brain spaz.......

Back