Girl Talk

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I got back today from getting recertified to run saw on trail crews. Mostly guys do chainsaws. So, while hanging out in the indoors by a fireplace last night, two young women came in to find out where to camp.
Somebody asked, "Are you doing crosscut?" and they replied "No, we are chainsaws!" I yelled out, "Yes!" and we all started talking. They were told by one of the men about my Barbie Saw. One of them mentioned maybe we could get a crafting group together. The other said, "We could craft wedges!" Or we could scrapbook using wedges!

Hah! Our population is growing....look out! Now, how to make glitter stay on wedges. :D

The logging ranks across the country need willing and able people, and since most young males are too busy being gangsta thugs with fart-can Honda Civics....I say the more confident and clearheaded women we can get into the fold the better.

I got back today from getting recertified to run saw on trail crews. Mostly guys do chainsaws. So, while hanging out in the indoors by a fireplace last night, two young women came in to find out where to camp.
Somebody asked, "Are you doing crosscut?" and they replied "No, we are chainsaws!" I yelled out, "Yes!" and we all started talking. They were told by one of the men about my Barbie Saw. One of them mentioned maybe we could get a crafting group together. The other said, "We could craft wedges!" Or we could scrapbook using wedges!

Hah! Our population is growing....look out! Now, how to make glitter stay on wedges. :D

You might want to try the glitter paint for horse hooves it may last a bit. They might even have pink glitter to if i remmember right. I think i saw it when i was looking to put it on my friends rope horse.

Maybe the glitter would help keep wedges from slipping out?

Oh, there was a woman there who told a story about using a cross cut to cut their driveway open during the snow and ice event in January. She had to teach her husband how to work his end of the saw, he was a good student, and they got the 1/4 mile driveway cleared of trees.

Pink glitter on a roping horse? Even California hasn't gotten that weird. Yet. ;)

Well I had used orange tree marking paint the time before when I shod his horse. It didn't stay so I needed something to stay better. Well needless to say I wasn't paying $28 bucks for a joke.

Pink, to me, is higher vis than orange. There is a guy that works here and refuses to use pink tree marking paint, because he doesn't want pink paint splatters on his clothing. What a woose!

Bob,

Is your new avatar a sign of increasing retirement?

Bring on the cutting women! When I was still in Virginia I would see women working trail clearing duty on the Appalachian Trail as well as the side trails in the Shenandoah National Park and the Jefferson National Forest. Since much of the area is deemed wilderness, only hand powered tools are allowed.

Gary

Last edited:

Bob,

Is your new avatar a sign of increasing retirement?

Bring on the cutting women! When I was still in Virginia I would see women working trail clearing duty on the Appalachian Trail as well as the side trails in the Shenandoah National Park and the Jefferson National Forest. Since much of the area is deemed wilderness, only hand powered tools are allowed.

Gary

Yup. As a matter of fact I just spent an enjoyable half hour in that chair with my morning coffee, watching the squirrels, bluejays, and hummingbirds.

On the subject of women in the woods...I'm all for it. If a person can do the job we'd be idiots to exclude them because of gender.

I'm just not real big on color coordinating our saws and clothes and stuff like that. Hey, somebody around here has to keep an eye on Slowp or she'd have us all dressed in matching pastels and putting glitter on our 'spenders.:laugh:

You go girl!!

That right there is 100% an awesome picture, and 110% badass!!!

I wish that was a picture of me in that tree! :cool2:
My folks just gave me an old ad of a gal with a chainsaw from the 60's or 70's...I'm so fortunate to have a familythat support me & get behind me in whatever I do! Funny, seems like chainsawing has been their favorite so far... I'll have to try to scan that pic & post it cuz its pretty neat.

Back